Skip to content

Rushden and Diamonds

2»

Comments

• Anyone reading the last half of this thread could be forgiven for wondering what the bloody hell this has to do with the thread subject.

• Is the Gasroom2 site getting any NHS funding for its facilitation as a DevC therapy facility. I for one am getting mighty fed up with his endless procrastination. It is in danger of driving me away from the nest Chairboys chat site there is. Yes I know I could avoid his endless off thread long winded posts but even scrolling past them is tiresome. I thought I believed in free speech but I'm having doubts.

• Best not nest, even predictive text is losing the will to live

• @DevC I've bought in to the theory that being a fan owned, well run club will give us stability/security at whatever level that is.

My gut feeling that in terms of natural support levels, without a benefactor/ego-tripper/asset stripper owner we are probably between 90-100th in the football clubs financial league and likely to slowly move further down that league as more clubs acquire owners with money/sense to burn/waste.

So I agree we are currently punching (well) above our weight but in the long term all things being equal we will find our natural place somewhere around the 100th level.

But I'm relatively okay with that and accept that there will be some good periods (with a GA type manager) and some not so good (with a GW type).

But I'm also an optimist/fool and hope that we can beat the odds and stay as a league club as we are - with initiatives like the 500 club keeping us ticking over without selling our soul.

• You are entitled to your view, of course but I think you underestimate the impact of dropping into the conference. Conference finances are far more barking than lg2 and the need for external finance just to tread water arguably higher than in lg2.

Let's wait and see whether the trust follow through on raising the issue and what they have to say.

Have a good evening and a nice mug of Horlicks before heading to bed!!

• @DevC How are you assuming you get a vote? Trust membership maybe?
    I'm wondering if this type of vote might fall within Founders rights. Anyone know if these are still in place or have they been taken over new rules? I wonder how many of the Founder shares are still active and not in the hands of the Trust.

• I'm assuming any vote would be trust members. Might be wrong though. Still a very long way off.

• Good on ya DevC, I've always barracked for the underdogs (unless we're playing Stourbridge). Although you're on a hiding to nothing this has been an interesting excercise in futility.

Keep being you, there's nobody better qualified:)

And long live WWFC as a supporter owned club!

• @NorsQuarters "barracked for"? Are you Australian??

• He's from Barcelona.
    Seriously though, the gentleman (?lady) is in exile in Scandinavia I believe where "barracking" has the same connotation perhaps as "wicked" has when my grandchildren are describing something good.

• Forget the deal with the devil only Dev is giving that shit any second thoughts but would anyone consider a compromise position maybe a golden share for the trust with ownership rules that would prevent anyone investing doing anything stupid.

This is just a proposal for debate and not my point of view I certainly would prefer to stay a 100% fan owned club

• I read that as a golden shower with the trust. Dear god what an image I have imprinted on my brain now.

• Good God man!!

• Legacy members' votes count double I expect.

• You have to post them in the right window though!

• @LeedsBlue said:
    Micra and "sick"?

Yes, that's another one. My favourite is 'fit'.

• @Micra how about "shut up!" when used instead of "wow, really, that's amazing!"

• Yeah, that's a good'n. One of my favourites of similar ilk (and pre-dating the teenage grandchildren by decades) is "yeah right" which carries so much meaning in two words.

• Better draw a line now before we're accused of derailing the thread.

• On the completely off-topic subject... anyone remember "shade" used basically to say 'I don't believe you'. Often accompanied by a shaking hand gesture. My kids look at me as if I'm from a different planet when I tell them that one (and many others to be fair)

• You'd get a blank look from me too @bookertease I'm afraid!

• @Onlooker This is the section of Trevor Stroud's comments re 2017 relating to" voting to Sell".
    We can “cut our cloth” to what we can afford, which would mean a further reduced player budget and an inevitable tumble down the leagues. The other route would be to look for inward investment, which would mean selling part or a controlling interest in the Football Club. As I said at the Trust AGM, your Trust board are currently investigating routes open to us, and at an appropriate time I will call a special meeting to update members and have a debate about our findings. In the meantime, you have the reassurance that the Club cannot be sold without the approval of 75% of Legacy Members (members who have held a season ticket for more than three seasons).