Skip to content

6000 + for a league game

And only 69 shy of being the largest gate in Div 2 yesterday. It must be encouraging for the powers that be that they are seeing a steady increase in supporter numbers attending Adams park on a regular basis.

Comments

• Though I would guess at least 300-500 of the fans in the home areas where Portsmouth fans. We had at least 12 in four separate groups sat within 5 yards of us. All well behaved and adding to our playing budget. I reckon we are getting between 500 - 700 extra supporters every other week compared to the early part of the season. Long may it continue.

• Surely some of the "extra" attendance was those the bought half season tickets to guarantee a Spurs ticket?

• It's great. Really helps when the away teams are bringing over 2000 fans obviously. we must be getting at least 500 extra fans each week currently which is brilliant. Hopefully some decide to buy a season ticket for next year when they are on sale.

• I must admit being suprised by the attendance announced, as behind the goal didn't look any busier from the Woodlands stand. There were no notable signs of Pompey fans where I sit.

• I was surprised by the figure as well, my guess was around 5,500 and I'm usually a few hundred over. Didn't seem any busier than the Luton game, if anything slightly less so. Ewan might have a point - people buying half-season tickets and not attending the game.

• @NewburyWanderer wycombe declare the attendance not the tickets sold.

• Does anyone know how many half season tickets were sold as a result of the Spurs game?

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub the club tweeted around 50 I think were sold.

• @Midlander Are you sure about that? We must be the only club in the land that do it that way if you're right. For everyone else, including us in previous years, the attendance figure is the number of tickets sold, which includes ST's of course.

• Didn't look like we had as many home supporters as against Luton. A few empties near us in the Frank Adams- although I think they are season ticketers who I thought we did count.

• @doob yes changed when we became fan owned

• @Midlander what was the reason

• @Midlander Would be interesting to know what the no-show figures for STH's are then.

• Beech dean was quite cosy I did think it looked a bit sparse in the frank Adams to be sure.

• @Doob Of the seven STHs to the left and right of me (including myself), two were missing on Saturday. That's around the norm in my experience, although obviously not the same two each time. It's rare for all seven to be in attendance. One of them attends barely a third of matches (for perfectly good reasons). Based on that, it's a fair probability that there may be as many as 500 no-shows on average per game (but there again, that may be complete rubbish).

• I think we have approx 1700 STH's so if 2 out of every 7 is a no show, then you're right, just under 500 no shows each game.

• Sounds about right. We have three season tickets in my family:

Mine - I usually expect to miss 1 to 3 matches a season, due to work or other commitments

My son's - He will miss any matches that I cannot attend, plus evening matches during school term time

My daughter's - She only attends 4 or 5 matches a season

On this basis, from our three season tickets, there will on average be one "no show".

• A season ticket holder not in their allotted seat does not necessarily mean they are not in attendance. When friends of mine who are not season ticket holders are at games I will quite often go and sit/stand with them rather than use the seat stated on my season ticket

• And the Beechdean allows a good number to stand down the front also.

• And of course, like all the other terrace season ticket holders I don't have a seat to be visibly empty when I'm not there :-)

For a variety of reasons, I've probably missed more home games this season than usual, but still made about 80% I guess.