Skip to content

The Opposition View - Portsmouth

Comments

• To be fair they didn't slag us off like most clubs do , which is remarkable , given , at times some of our time wasting tactics deserved their ' you are embarrassing' chant.

• I'm amazed there wasn't the usual plethora of, time wasting, dirty, clogged, hoof ball merchants, et al, comments, of the big clubs' support when we beat them.

• I think they saved all their comments for twitter..most of the ones I saw was slating ainsworth and our cheating.

• I'm surprised there isn't more of the usual to be honest. We were pretty bad yesterday. On a side note I thought Pompeys support was superb, as it usually is anyway.

• A lot of the Pompey supporters in the Beechdean were pretty scathing about Cook and his tactics. Personally I thought they were a decent side, maybe without a real cutting edge. The No. 24 was class.

• Our cheat mode was dialled up to 11 yesterday.

O'Nien spent even more time than usual rolling around on his arse, we regularly wrestled down any player who got past us, ref surrounding with appealing for every decision, taking an age over throw-ins etc.

It's a bit of a shame and I don't see how it helps when you then have 8 mins of extra time to play.

• TBF, I don't think either side covered the selves in glory with their throwing themselves on the floor antics. Lowe for them was a joke in the 1st half. I'm not sure who their assistant boss/coach is, (had LR on his tracksuit), he was arm waving like an airplane ground controller on speed at every point of contact. That was embarrassing. In fact both benches were permanently gesticulating, arm waving and carping at the 4th official.
    Now from my view, (from the half way line in the Beechdean, so not the closest by a long way), Doyle threw himself to the floor across Pierre, looked to me to be a blatant dive, could others opine please, as I was certain at the time it was simulation?

• Did I imagine it or did Kashket go down holding his face during one of their corners?

• I really do wish we could avoid the 'we know what we are' chant it does not help.

• He did @Manboobs the boy is learning well. Bloke in front of me insisted it was an elbow. Not sure how he saw it from half way up in the Woodlands stand.

• edited February 2017

If Pompey had Kashket in their team, they'd be top by some distance.
    They could buy him off us for a couple of million and guarantee promotion.

But don't tell them that !

• The Kashket incident was much ado about nothing really, the guy caught him with an arm) shoulder, but nothingv out of the ordinary for penalty box grappling

• Yesterday was a classic example of winning without playing well. Pompey were surprisingly toothless in front of goal. The Pompey fans contributed to a great atmosphere, hats off to the young Pompey lads in the Vere Suite before ko, credit to your team lads.

• Agreed @Fit2drop. Great atmosphere from the Pompey fans. Pretty poor from the home support yesterday, felt quite flat and then very nervy last 15 mins which is understandable.