Skip to content

Vere suite open for the Coventry game.?

Was down the ground today getting a ticket for Saturday. Enquired wether the Vere Suite would be open for the game next Tuesday maybe with food?Got the usual "don't know " from the girl on the desk (not her fault apparently no decision had been made). Surely this is no brainier .?

Comments

• Maybe they are waiting to see the uptake of match day tickets 1st, in window 1 of course. A decision will be discussed in window 2 and the results of that discussion will be issued in window 3, then maybe altered in window 4?

• So an announcement will be made by next Wednesday then ?

• Still nothing ,very poor and unbusiness,like in my opinion

• So what's your estimate of how many would turn up?Given that so many people are ignoring this competition see previous gates,the keen ones will go anyway.

• @Mr67 on what factual information have you based your opinion then? How much would it cost to staff & run the evening? What numbers would it take to attend to break into a profit? Should they charge an entry fee to those that do attend if not enough turn up?
    Not having a go, just interested to know and surely for you to have an opinion, you have some of the basic facts.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Mr67 on what factual information have you based your opinion then? How much would it cost to staff & run the evening? What numbers would it take to attend to break into a profit? Should they charge an entry fee to those that do attend if not enough turn up?
    Not having a go, just interested to know and surely for you to have an opinion, you have some of the basic facts.

They were my follow up questions to him.

• Everthing has a commercial risk but I would have thought staging the showing of a game involving our team with Wembley as a prize speaks for itself . Play off games and the odd league game on Sky have been shown there always with good turn outs. I was in there for the Plymouth game it was packed!So the precedent is there.
    As for have I asked the club.? Yes as I said above on Wednesday with no answer either way !But isn't it supposed to work the other way round? It's called publicity ,

• The words, "I would have thought", in your post sum up the point. They are not based on any fact. I would rather the club didn't lose any money on the event.
    I guess it depends on what the club are going to "gamble" on providing. If it literally is providing 2 bar staff and the facility that is already there, then not much of a gamble. Will they decide to provide the opportunity to purchase food, then clearly more of a risk. Who knows, however, of course, the club could turn a profit, then great. Only time will now tell.

• ,I was told that food wasn't available Tuesday so the "gamble "is hardly great . I think we'd better shut the whole football club down straight away as the risk about wether anyone will turn up for the next game is too great.If not a great number turn up on Tuesday it will be partly due to under publicity.So you'd rather have the club play a live game on TV and yet it's own club house doesn't show it ? Strange in my view

• What a knob of a post! Did you actually read my post before your reply?
    As I stated, "I guess it depends on what the club are going to "gamble" on providing. If it literally is providing 2 bar staff and the facility that is already there, then not much of a gamble".
    So why effectively repeat my point to support your pov?

• What a nasty aggressive person you are ,the last refuge of the ignorant is to resort to childish drivel eg your fiirst sentence .Last heard of comments like that from 7 year olds in the play ground,Best this discussion ended

• I'm with you EwanHoossami. I thought your posts were fine and reasoned with a bit more thought than Mr67. Wouldn't have used your 1st line myself but hey I think you were provoked and can understand why you did it.

• Mr67, I feel the club are caught between a rock and a hard place here. The club obviously want as many people as possible to travel to the game to support the team, and thus may not want to over promote a night in the Vere Suite. We know it will be open but I can see the dilemma they have. That is my view anyway.

• @woodlands Thanks, maybe you're right I shouldn't have used the 1st line. Just gets my goat when people criticise the club & or staff without thought. Very easy from the anonymity of a key board, especially when there is little or no factual evidence/basis from which to publish their "opinion" on.
    I am one of the many on here that appreciate the efforts of all those support staff that give their time, gratis to help keep the club going. Many of the decision makers wont get every decision right but you won't find me openly criticising on an open forum. They are human beings with feelings and certain posters would do well to remember that when venting on a keyboard.

• @EwanHoosaami you're welcome .I agree with all you say in your latest post too. We are all indebted to the unsung volunteers who keep our club moving in the right direction.