Skip to content

You have to credit Ainsworth's call a few weeks ago.

Telling the team that 'we were going for promotion'. This being after we'd lost a couple of home games when guaranteed safety had been confirmed.

Since then we've really coped well with the pressure, and brilliantly pushed forward. Great management from Gaz.

Comments

• All the players seem together and look hungry for it. massive win last night COYB

• By hook or crook, excellent win. All to play for with several games to play. Burton only 5 points ahead. Which of the Triumvirate will drop the ball? in the coming weeks.

Well done lads.

• Getting the players we got in the summer when it looked like they would be heading straight into a relegation battle, combined with the loans and the loss of Josh and PCH, Gareth deserves every sort of praise going however the season ends. Bury are the danger coming into form and I reckon it's the Shrews who might bottle it...

• Completely agree re GA.

Bury are scrambling results by the odd goal. I have a (possibly forlorn) hope that they can't keep doing so for ever.

• You know I can see Burton slipping up either on Monday or in a few weeks against Luton. Beat them on Easter Monday and we could be back to talking about the title and not just promotion.