Skip to content

Is anyone going on the train?????

Surely must be a few who want to make a day of it? Or am I alone?

Comments

• Of course people are going to be getting the train. Lots of them.

The Gasroom doesn't reflect even a small minority of Wycombe fans.

Maybe you should make a third new thread about this just to be sure though.

• Yh plenty of people are, I'm sure the met bar will be packed with Wycombe fans for breakfast

• Just to confirm. Is anyone going by train?

• I thino I'm going to have to bin this forum off and join this Facebook group, it's not one massive cliché, and people actually help each other...where is this met bar?

• @wycombelad Don't take it personally: anyone starting a new thread on here when there are one or more threads on the same topic running already would get the same treatment.

• edited January 2017

@wycombelad, i wonder if you're the victim of your username pal.

I can't be the only one who always mixes you up with one of the younger more trolly posters. I need to remind you're a respectable fella.

Maybe stay on here, but post something on the WWFC page under your own name like you say. Am sure you'll get some more sensible responses.

• @Malone thanks for your kind words

• Met bar is the spoons at baker street, there's always plenty of Wycombe fans in there when we play in London

• Thanks username, is this spoons, meaning Witherspoon pin chain, if so I shall gladly join the hoards as long as no beer throwing antics appear

• Lots of away fans drink at the Liverpool St Wetherspoons (Hamilton Hall) before making the 22min train journey to the Lane.

• Marylebone Sports Bar will be busy too I should think.

• It may well have been the globe that 30 years or so ago (where do the years go) used to play Gerry Rafferty's "Baker Street" pretty much on a loop. Fine song the first time. As a casual customer, slightly irritating by end of first pint, serious incentive to go somewhere else by the second. Imagine working there.

Have a good day chaps.

• Met Bar - Hamilton Hall (Liv Street) - Then Elmhurst is the pub near White Hart Lane I believe?

• I don't think either the Globe or the Spoons are particularly good pubs, but they are the place where you are more likely to bump in to other footy fans, so I think some of the appeal lies there.

'The Volunteer' pub, in between Baker Street and Marylebone is good, with lots of beers and does food too.

Or if you are feeling adventurous you could walk the extra 5-10 minutes to Marylebone high street where there are a good amount of boozers there. Bit more up market, but I'm sure they can cater for us :)

• @clifty04 are older generation (over 50s) joining this route, if so I am in, do not want to get caught up in only young ones crowd

• @clifty04 said:
    Met Bar - Hamilton Hall (Liv Street) - Then Elmhurst is the pub near White Hart Lane I believe?

Can't vouch for the Elmhurst (never been there) but have mentioned 3 other away friendly pubs elsewhere.

• @wycombelad - Anyone is welcome. We'll be in a large group, mainly young but some older (admittedly not quote over 50). But believe there's a fair few others not from my group doing a similar route.

• The Met bar at baker street - Hamilton hall - pub around WHL (sounds like beehive is most popular) has been mentioned by a fair few groups, makes sense travel wise too

• What time are you lot hitting the Met Bar @clifty04 ?

• @Username - The Beehive is more convenient for Seven Sisters though. And if you go from Liverpool Street, you're at White Hart Lane station.

• The Antwerp Arms is closer to WHL station than the Elmhurst which is closer to Bruce Grove.

• Exciting for day ahead, only slightly worried about some guy saying they will be throwing beer over anyone over 70

• @clifty04 said:
    Username - The Beehive is more convenient for Seven Sisters though. And if you go from Liverpool Street, you're at White Hart Lane station.

Fair enough, I'm just going to wing it on the day anyway!

• It's hard to tell sometimes how old people are, so my policy is anyone with grey hair is suitable for a beering

• Maybe I'll avoid thelse pubs after all, or can you shout beers away, so I can drop to the floor? And avoid being the only grey singled out, or I may purchase onew of these trendy caps to blend in

• @StrongestTeam a fake Stone Island jacket too.

• The beer throwing is a joke, after somebody claimed this happened at Oxford away last season, it quite clearly didn't....

• @StrongestTeam do you mean like that chap at Luton that got thrown out after picking fights with his own?

• I think I might go today and just drink all night, sleep is not happening, due to excitement