Skip to content

Match day thread: Mansfield (EFL Trophy)

Comments

• Thank you very much £50k and up yours Evans

• How much extra time are they playing

• Cov beat swAmsea in the other game. One match from Wembley!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Fat Bastard should have kept his mouth shut. COYB!

• DevC you are a real piece of work.

• Deserved win. Makes the journey worthwhile. Roll on sat.

• Anyone injured

• @Morris_Ital PCH suspeted hamstring

• I know I will get pulled up for this however how close is GA to being our best ever manager? IMO only behind O'Neil

• PCH and Bean injured by looks of Twitter. F**k off Evans!

• Even though I am totally against the competition. I am going to say well done Blues.
    Does look more and more though that we rely on these two players to pull us through. I think we would be nowhere near where we are with out them.

• Are the semis 2legs?

• @Wwfc2015_ already discussed in the earlier "Andrew Howard & the 5 year plan" thread.

• Bean was cramp according to Ainsworth on 3 Counties and he also seemed to think it was cramp for PCH.

Whatever we may think of the competition, it's a really good win and great to be in a semi final. COYB!

• @fromtheside I understand Bean was for cramp. To be fair it's hardly Evans fault that PCH has pulled a hamstring?

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Wwfc2015_ already discussed in the earlier "Andrew Howard & the 5 year plan" thread.

Must of missed that...will check. Thanks

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    I know I will get pulled up for this however how close is GA to being our best ever manager? IMO only behind O'Neil

From 'Ainsworth Out' to 'best ever manager' claims in just 4 months. That's quite a journey!

• Not saying it's Evans fault he pulled a hamstring. I just dislike the bloke @EwanHoosaami

• @EwanHoosaami thanks . Fingers crossed it's not as bad as it sounds

• We must be the youngest club to have played in all 3 football league semi finals. Not too bad I reckon.

• @arnos_grove said:
    From 'Ainsworth Out' to 'best ever manager' claims in just 4 months. That's quite a journey!

Yep ..surprise surprise you commented. I was proved wrong ..GA is sensational.

• There are so many moaners about taking part in the competition that you wouldn't be surprised to see some demanding that the prize money should be given back.

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    Yep ..surprise surprise you commented. I was proved wrong ..GA is sensational.

For now.

• M3GM3G
    edited January 2017

@wingnut I am strongly against the competition. But I have to be balanced in my opinion on my team. Its never ever been about the money, Its the structure of the competition and the fact it is clearly being used as a experiment to change the structure of lower league football. But as stated well done to the players.

• So how much does that mean we will have made in the last two weeks? Stourbridge attendance was good, plus £67,500 for winning, then Blackpool and £40,000, now tonight and another £40,000. Saturday is predicted to bring in approx £250,000. At the last game my colleagues were hoping for a draw at Spurs! I know it is not all about money, but this is such a financial sea change from being closer to going under than I believe has ever been made public.

• What does the absence of academy sides at this point say about the standard and effectiveness of the game they are being taught to play .

• @Morris_Ital Think this underlines that the two are incompatible. Think Bayo barking at the West Ham juniors in the tunnel before the game, effectively leaving them with a mess in their shorts, highlights the men against boys mismatch.

• Evans can console himself by eating a few more pies fat prick

• @braywanderer said:
    Evans can console himself by eating a few more pies fat prick

What did he say?