Skip to content

Vertongen out, Alderweireld injured, Lloris playing like Coco the clown

Our chances increase by the second

Comments

• Never going to play next week anyway.

• Wimmer and Dier, or a youngster instead should be a good contest with the Beast

• Think we have an excellent chance if we can score first and scare the heck out of them

• We'll probably need them to rest their main men, like v Villa, and then keep them quiet for a good period, before asking some questions of our own.

Basically reverse the Stourbridge game, plus the resting!

• Vorm
    Trippier Dier 2CV Davies
    Sissoko Dembele Winks Son
    Onomah Janssen

• I don't know half those players, but none of them sound like they can handle Sam Saunders, Scott Kashket and The Beast.

• @floyd said:
    I don't know half those players, but none of them sound like they can handle Sam Saunders, Scott Kashket and The Beast.

Agreed. I think we should forfeit.

• It'll be a Jombati free kick that wins it.

• @TTID I heard we're only going to play with 9 in the second half, just to make it fair.

• @floyd said:
    TTID I heard we're only going to play with 9 in the second half, just to make it fair.

Thank goodness for that. Keep the score respectable. Appreciated.

• @TTID we try to be gracious guests.

• Hope you've got a very strong boy to handle the Beast!

• @TTID Sorry to be a thickie, but who is 2CV?

• @Cyclops said:
    TTID Sorry to be a thickie, but who is 2CV?

Cameron Carter-Vickers. Essex boy (19 think) that plays for the USA courtesy of his dad.

Magnificent prospect.

• Checked. 19 and has played for US U23s.

• @TTID OK, thanks. I watched the Spurs -v- Villa game on the box and would agree with you that he looks a very good prospect. Would Dembele be likely to play, though? I'd have thought N'Koudou might be given a game.

• Doubt Dembele will start (Winks I think) but yeah, N'Koudou is a good shout. Exciting player.

• @Cyclops said:
    TTID Sorry to be a thickie, but who is 2CV?

Does he have a tendency to roll on corners?

• Hopefully he will score from them!

• Not sure about scoring from corners, though you should be able to count on it to carry a box of eggs over a ploughed up field without breaking any

• @ReadingMarginalista said:
    Not sure about scoring from corners, though you should be able to count on it to carry a box of eggs over a ploughed up field without breaking any

Not too many of those in N17 but good to know should the need arise.

• If the team that's put out is similar to what TTID suggests then the TV schedulers made the right decision in not featuring it. At least Man U will probably feature some household names against Wigan. Other than Son there's no one to interest the neutral in that Tottenham line up. Which is why we're going to smash them 5-1 (and bloody well get featured on the telly in the next round!)

• @aloysius said:
    If the team that's put out is similar to what TTID suggests then the TV schedulers made the right decision in not featuring it. At least Man U will probably feature some household names against Wigan. Other than Son there's no one to interest the neutral in that Tottenham line up. Which is why we're going to smash them 5-1 (and bloody well get featured on the telly in the next round!)

Think the team I put up will be close to the mark.

Probably have a pretty strong bench 'just in case'.

• Kyle Walker-Peters (there's on two Kyle Walkers!) Will be on the bench I imagine as well as Marcus Edwards (Messi with an afro). Remember the name, the kid is going to be huge.

• edited January 2017

The worst case scenario is clearly that Tottenham put out that watered down lineup, and batter us!
    So we'd have gone along, not seen any star names, and still been smashed!

Hopefully the " best case" scenario happens, in that we do what Stourbridge did to us, but without the lapse in concentration

• I think Wimmer might play instead of Dire. Actually that's who I thought @TTID was calling 2CV on account of being so slow.

• The back 5 will almost certainly be

Vorm
    Trippier CCV Wimmer Davies

• We have every chance of scoring the first goal and holding on for an upset

• Have to admire your optimism @Onlooker.