Skip to content

Asmir Begovic

Bournemouth want Chelsea goalkeeper Asmir Begovic.
Chelsea have confirmed that an offer has been received.
Does this mean that Jamal Blackman can be recalled by Chelsea , as cover for Thibaut Cortois?

Comments

• there is no recall on Jamal Blackman

• That's good news!
    COYB

• Chelsea will probably just sign a new keeper.

• Alternatively, Bournemouth would potentially no longer have a need for Ryan Allsop as 3rd choice keeper. I'd be happy to have him back if we were to lose Jamal Blackman (haven't seen any confirmation either way about a recall clause for him).

• Blackman is a massive upgrade on Allsopp Im afraid, he doesn't like the high ball and would be a disaster in comparison.

• I agree Blackman is better, but Allsop would in no way be a disaster.

• Sorry "RMJ London " , news reports at the time when Jamal resigned for the rest of this season make no mention of whether Chelsea have a recall clause. I am sure that as they are paying his wages, as reported, then they could request he returns to Chelsea as cover for Courtois.

• we would not allow brown to leave knowing he can be recalled at anytime. if he gets recalled tonight then we have no goalkeeper for tomorrow as brown is subject to a 24 hour recall.

• RMJ - what if they both have 24 hour recall clauses? Thus eliminating this issue?

Like our dear friend WWFC_, you have a tendency to state your opinion as verified fact, even when frequently proved wrong.

• As I said above they will just sign another keeper if they need one. Jamal is good but he isn't getting near their squad.

• @rmjlondon said:
    Blackman is a massive upgrade on Allsopp Im afraid, he doesn't like the high ball and would be a disaster in comparison.

Fuck me @rmjlondon you really are a cock aren't you (pardon my French everyone). Obviously Blackman is an upgrade on Allsop - but then he's also an upgrade on virtually any other keeper we could afford. Hence why he's on Chelsea's books.
    If Chelsea were to recall him then it would be highly unlikely we'd be able to get another keeper of his quality - in which case I feel that Allsop would be a more than adequate replacement. He certainly wasn't a disaster in his previous loan spell so quite why you think he would be now?
    Of course this is all just pointless conjecture as we would most likely just recall Brown anyway.

• There is no recall clause in his contract with us ! FACT go away u odious creature !!!

• we would have no choice to recall brown, unless he was also injured.

• Chelsea have Eduardo Carvalho as their third choice keeper who has 36 caps for Portugal and played in two world cups.

• Blackman can only be recalled if Chelsea can't field two goalkeepers in their 18 man squad. Considering the scope of their squad, its relatively unlikely.

• and loads of other kids like blackman coming up behind him.

• So is the no recall clause a FACT like the emergency loan signing of a keeper that one of your previous pseudonyms incorrectly spouted before the playoff final? Or do you have a link to prove your FACT?

• edited January 2017

F OFF

• this forum is embarrassing, you would probably like him recalled so we can drift down the league.

• @rmjlondon said:
    this forum is embarrassing, you would probably like him recalled so we can drift down the league.

Jog on then.

• @rmjlondon What is it with you and goalkeepers? You do seem to be a little obsessive about them and a little unnecessarily abusive about some of the ones we've had. No-one wants Jamal to go back to Chelsea earlier than he has to or get injured/sent off but if he does we will get a replacement, probably Scott back from Cheltenham. He is a perfectly adequate GK at League 2 level. Would it make a difference to our points? Possibly but probably not by much and the same would apply if we were to lose the likes of Bayo or Stewart or Kashket (oh) to injury and has in the more distant past with Hayes and more recently O'Nien.

Its football. Nothing about lack of ambition. It happens at all clubs. Kane at Spurs, Kompany at Man City in previous years for example

• The "loss" of Kashket does seem to have applied the brakes a little!

• @rmjlondon said:
    this forum is embarrassing, you would probably like him recalled so we can drift down the league.

You gotta watch this little shit he windes people up on here then grasses them to the club when he gets a bit of abuse this i no for a FACT

• infighting aside, I see today in the Telegraph that chelsea want to stall the Begovic transfer until they have found a suitable replacement and are drawing up a list. Great news for us, not so great for Jamal if he had designs on being in their first team squad for next season