Skip to content

TV Coverage

In addition, there will be extended highlights of the following games on BBC One.
Saturday 28 January
Tottenham Hotspur v Wycombe Wanderers (3pm)
Lincoln City v Brighton & Hove Albion (3pm)
Chelsea v Brentford (3pm)
The FA broadcast fee for extended highlights is £6,750 per Club. 

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Let's not knock that sum. It's more than we'd have been getting before this announcement!

• I wanna know when the BBC are going to be called in to account for their favourable coverage of Manchester based sides. Utd v Wigan is possibly the dullest fixture in this round yet surprise surprise it's on the BBC.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This game will be the 56th televised in a row, but not all were on the BBC.

• @malone I agree. It's worth 45 500 Club members paying up front.

• The Man Utd FA Cup stat is quite simply incredible. I almost wonder now if the TV companies don't want to break the cycle as their game against Wigan is not a worthy TV game. Those millions of Man Utd shirts all over the world sure do hold sway on what gets shown live on our TV.

I'm don't think we've been that hard done by TV companies. I actually found the Stourbridge bleating uncomfortable too. The agenda for the TV companies is different to that of the viewers and fans. And fans have no influence at all any more.

• I agree Righty

Very much looking forward to the game next Saturday at 3 o'clock

My excitement would have been tempered somewhat had we been scheduled to play at midday on Sunday or on Monday night

• "And fans have no influence at all any more." Really? I suppose it depends on your definition of "fans" but if you extend the definition from fans who actually attend matches to include those who watch in their millions on TV, then I think you'll find that their influence is the 'be all and end all'.

• I also wonder how Match of the Day can tell us now what the main games are now. Surely it depends on what are the best matches on the day doesn't it? A dull 0-0 or a massive Spurs win wouldn't get main game status surely?

Does MotD always pick their main games ahead of the matches? I must admit its years since I've watched it so have no idea.

• I think you'd find that logistics and the all-important "trailing" in advance preclude deciding programme content a few hours before broadcast.

• I seem to remember when we played away to Hitchin, in a 2nd round match, that the BBC (or it may have even been ITV) announced beforehand that there'd be showing extensive highlights - in the obvious expectation that Hitchin would give us a fright, or even win. As we thrashed them 5-0 and I don't think Hitchin came close to creating anything the 'extensive highlights' basically consisted of the 5 goals which lasted no more than a minute or two. Mind, Super Simon Garner's hat-trick was a thing of beauty!

• Now that game at Hitchin really was a scramble for tickets. Done by postal ballot if I remember correctly.

• I sneaked in on a spare press pass that day.
    There truely was only one Simon Garner!

• @fame_46 Are you sure a right-wing, angry, Tory BBC would have had completely different priorities for association football fixture transmission?

• @Doob , did think similar myself.

How crap extended highlights may be if we get a pumping!!

• Talking of Live games that we have featured in. I remember a great thread from the past, probably on the old gasroom, that listed all our live games. Can someone reproduce it here?

• @ M3G You will find it on the Gasroom.org site. Search for" live TV " it is January 2016

• Sorry Gasroom.co.uk