Skip to content

Any updates on our injured players?

Is there any detail regarding the return dates for our injured players, namely, Kashket, Bloomfield, Harriman and Southwell? I find it very strange that we do not see regular updates from the club. I cannot see how this type of info to the supporters leaves us in any disadvantage regarding giving away secrets to the opposition etc.

Comments

• The aspect of not alerting the opposition to the likely line-up has been done to death on here. I am as keen as anyone to gain an inkling of the likelihood of particular players being available. I glean what I can from hearsay, talking to players when they are brought round for a chat in the Woodland etc.
    As I mentioned elsewhere, Michael Harriman expressed the hope, before the Yeovil game, that he would be OK in less than three weeks (so Portsmouth game not out of the question).
    I've heard mixed messages about Scott Kashket ranging from a slight knock against Stourbridge and keeping him out as a precaution to a groin strain (which could be rather longer term, I'm guessing.)
    Dayle Southwell must be very close as he resumed training about a month ago.
    Matt Bloomfield- I've heard nothing. But, the way Sammy Wood has been playing, probably the least of our worries.
    Finally, I've been very impressed with Myles Weston.

• No doubt Russian intelligence has already broken through the Adams Park firewall to brief our enemies. Wait for the Nathan Jones press conference: ' Nobody knows who did the hacking. Could be Crawley. Could be Pompey....'

• Southwell did the full warm up with the team last Saturday

• I think we might just be resting Scott until the January window closes

• @Blue_since_1990 are you suggesting that any information the club gives to supporters wouldn't be picked up by the opposition?!

If not, i'm sure you can understand why the club don't want the opposition knowing!

• Information doesn't have to be match specific to be of interest to us as fans. My guess is that most of us would be content with an indication of whether a player is likely to be out for a couple of weeks or longer term. A major frustration at present is not knowing whether Scott Kashket will be fit to play against Spurs. What a stage for him! Possibly even a glimpse into his future. I don't think that's an exaggeration.

• Malone - not at all. Just looking for simple indicators as per micra's summary.

• I like to be pleasantly surprised myself.

And sometimes the other way round, it doesn't hurt to be "eased in" to bad news.

I remember turning up last season to hear Paris wasn't playing and being disappointed.

Only to that week to find out he was out for the season!