Skip to content

Comments

• Excellent report but one omission unless I'm going doolally (which is perfectly possible). Thought we had what looked a finely executed goal disallowed for offside in the second half?

• @micra I honestly can't remember that. Got some details?

• The actions of that yeovil player after Blackman shoved were surely some of the most cringeworthy ever witnessed?

By the time he'd finished rolling he'd almost reached the edge of the area.

• we never scored an offside goal yesterday lol

• @eric_plant reminded me of Trevor Berbick

• @Vital said:
    micra I honestly can't remember that. Got some details?

No, afraid not. Just have this image in my head of some neat approach work and the ball ending up in the net - terrace end - disallowed for offside. HELP!!

• @rmjlondon said:
    we never scored an offside goal yesterday lol

It's no 'lol'ing matter when the hallucinations set in. You should know.

• @eric_plant That rolling around was unbelievable. I honestly thought that he was heading up to the Booker cash & carry @ Cressex. Can anyone she'd some light on what provoked Blackman to push him?

• Hallucinations? Well known effect of hypothermia.

Just saying.

• @DevC said:
    Hallucinations? Well known effect of hypothermia.

Just saying.

• reminded me of Johnny Cash

• @micra There's a worrying lack of corroboration for your phantom goal...

• As Diana would say "I'm still waiting"!

• I seem to remember Paris kicking the ball in after he had been flagged offside but everybody had stopped a while before the ball was put in.

• Is there anyone out there?

• @micra said:
    Is there anyone out there?

There was a nice bit of approach play with Luke shooting straight at the keeper and Paris did roll the ball in but well after the whistle

• Thanks @Morris_Ital. That must have been it. Clearly I have hearing impairment amongst all the other issues (not least the hallucinations about which @DevC has commented so eloquently).

• Oh, thanks also to @Bledlow_Blue. Now have all the corroboration a guy could ask for. I also now recall thinking (as no doubt Paris did) that it was a very questionable offside decision.

• Think I was stopped in mid leap.

• @micra , not sure it was questionable really - looked to me as if two of our forwards (Paris and Hayes?) were offside; certainly one was at least a yard offside.

• @micra I'm pleased for you. Not doolally after all.

Not sure it qualifies as a disallowed goal though. (and I still can't remember it)

• @Vital said:
    micra I'm pleased for you. Not doolally after all.

Not sure it qualifies as a disallowed goal though. (and I still can't remember it)

No, it doesn't. I just didn't hear the whistle.

• Perhaps the confusion lies because Micra thought it was second half when it was actually in the first?

• Did anyone see what the 'fracas' was all about? I thought Blackman was responding to something but was too far away to see what was going on.

• From watching the video highlights it appears that Sido and their attacker tangle and their player then pushes Sido as they untangle, on its own I think the ref would not have taken any action at all (Sido walks away without glancing back). Blackman rushes in and pushes the attacker two hands in the chest, he then falls to the ground and rolls over as if a child going down a small slope!

• Ahhh....that sounds about right Twizz...thanks for that. I thought Jamal had not been involved in initial handbags.

• @aloysius said:
    Perhaps the confusion lies because Micra thought it was second half when it was actually in the first?

Cripes @aloysius! Not like you to muddy the water. My mind's eye sees the "goal" as at the terrace end, looking left from my lofty Woodland perch.
    Time to put this one to bed methinks and concentrate on girding our loins for Saturday's six pointer.

• Re the "off-side" goal. The incident was most certainly second half. Hayes and PCH both went for a flick on by Akinfenwa, not sure who was actually off-side though.

• Ta @Twizz. Feeling totally vindicated!