Skip to content

Comments

• Obviously there will be a minutes silence/applause for Monty tomorrow. We will probably be the only club in the country not being able to mark our respect to Graham Taylor. Very sad to lose both great people so close together.

• I don't see why it's not possible to mark our respect for more than one person simultaneously.

RIP both Monty and Graham. Let's dedicate the silence to both of them.

• edited January 2017

RIP Monty, a true gent, always approachable, done so much for the club.

• Up to the family of course but I do hope it's a minute's silence. I can't take to the applause thing. It always starts running out of steam and takes away the beauty of thousands of people so quiet you can hear the wind, birds, clack of a turnstile before that roar on the referee's whistle.

• RIP Monty - a life well spent

• RIP Monty

• RIP Monty - condolences to family and friends.

From the website...
    "Out of respect for both Graham Taylor and Monty Seymour - and their families and friends - the two tributes will be kept apart and therefore Wanderers will pay their respects to Monty at the match on 21st January."

• Seems like a good idea to do them separately to pay best respects to such a loyal servant to the club, and give people more time for Monty's family to come along for the occasion.

• Sorry to be an old grouch, but while Monty Seymour has given great service to WWFC and thoroughly deserves a minutes silence, Graham Taylor hasn't. What meaning does a minutes applause for Graham Taylor hold at WWFC. If we do it for Graham taylor, will we do the same for Glenn Hoddle or Sven Eriksson or Sam Allardyce when the day comes. I liked Graham Taylor, he was a decent bloke and a good football manager. But is this really appropriate. When does the line get drawn. Will we end up with a minutes silence before every game.

• @DevC There is a minute's applause at all Football League clubs tomorrow for Graham Taylor

• Yes I know. As there was for Ken Bigley as I recall. I am questioning why and whether so doing has any real meaning and whether it simply cheapens what should be a special occasion for those who have made a special contribution to that club (or the away team).

No criticism of WWFC intended.

• The one that got me was the 2 minutes (if I remember correctly) for well known friend of football Princess fucking Margaret.

A dark day.

• @DevC If you're there Dev...if it has no meaning for you and you don;t believe it to be appropriate don't applaud or be silent. That'll learn them. It's hardly the end of the world as we know it/PC gone mad/an outrage.

• edited January 2017

In answer to Dev, wasn't there a minutes silence/applause when Bobby Robson died? To compare Sam Allardyce to Graham Taylor is somewhat of an insult to the latter.

If football supporters wish to show their respect to one of the most successful CLUB managers of all time, it is not for you Dev to determine that it is inappropriate.

• easy, just win it for Monty