Skip to content

Dan Scarr - message for GA

West Brom have taken Stourbridge defender Dan Scarr on trial , after scoring his FA Cup goal against Wycombe.

Comments

• Why message for GA?

If he is off to a premiership on trial then he is able to consider resources well beyond us.

Much as Stourbridge impressed me he was not the stand out for me.

• I doubt he'd have heard about it if it wasn't for the post. Thanks for letting the manager know.

Actually it's quite nice to see the impulse buy after one good game might be back after being in vogue at World Cups a while back.

Dan Scarr was ok on Saturday.

• I would've thought their front 4 would be more in demand than their defence!

• surely way too high a level to step to!

Tier 7 to Prem?!

• I thought the tall blondish lad in midfield had a bit about him. Didn't get a programme though so don't know his name

• GA stated in an interview with BBC 3CR that there were a couple of players that had caught his attention. I think it is a reasonable assumption that Dan Scarr was one of them.
    We need cover for both Michael Harriman and Matt Bloomfield, who may need time to recover from their injuries.

• Chris Lait, his name was

• @lordmelchester said:
    West Brom have taken Stourbridge defender Dan Scarr on trial , after scoring his FA Cup goal against Wycombe.

Just a great bit of local or by TP and WBA, last we will here of this lad

• Pretty sure GA does most of his scouting via the Gasroom.

WBA have the development squads, reserve team and coaches to develop a player like that. Sadly, we do not.

• @fromtheside I would argue that we have a better opportunity to develop talent from the lower leagues. I was at theach WBA training facilities in November. I can imagine a player getting lost in the system there. At Booker there's plenty of reason to be coached more 1 to 1?

• @EwanHoosaami I understand what you're saying but from memory at a fans forum GA said the very reason we can't go for too many non league/youth team gambles is because we don't have the facilities to develop them.

It's not much good just training every day and getting zero match experience I guess. Nick Freeman is quite a good example of this.

• If any of you are popping to Adams Park this afternoon to watch the Reading v Birmingham City U23 fixture (doubtful, I know!) there will be a familiar face in the Birmingham line-up. Dan Scarr will be playing - technically as a trialist but I was told on Saturday that everything is agreed except personal terms and he will be a Birmingham player this week, barring last minute hitches.

• Might be a good crowd down there as a result of window 3

• To complete this thread - Dan Scarr signed by Birmingham City today on a 2 and a 1/2 year deal for an undisclosed fee.

• Intrigued to see if Gareth stays with the partnership of Dan Scarr and Anthony Stewart for the game against Luton, leaving Adam El Abd on the bench for a second game. Based on the performance on Tuesday I think he should stay with this starting eleven ( unless Bayo has recovered from his injury ) , with JJ keeping the captaincy.

• He's surely unlikely to do more than rest El Abd, especially after Newport was the first clean sheet. Scarr will probably have to wait until the Crewe midweek, or El Abd getting his 5th booking for his next turnout.

• Many positives from the Mansfield game, especially the Scarr / Stewart partnership in the centre of the defence, which is crucial to our success for the rest of the season. By resting El Abd on Tuesday he has found a centre back combination that can be the foundation of a very successful promotion season. Same comments go for the inclusion of Eze for Saturday.

• Ainsworth will pick El-Abd against Luton, no doubt.

• 100 percent.

• Shocking decision if so. Scarr , bigger, hungrier, stronger and faster

• Nice decision to have in a way.
    But as he seems to have come in and done excellently from the off it'd be a shame to bench him.

But then El Abd had his best game of the season in a clean sheet show at Newport, and is captain.

• Also a lot less experienced. I would venture that will be the reason given should El-Abd get the nod. Let's be honest, if they have Diving Danny Hilton throwing his Chalfonts to the turf every other minute, we would be on a knife edge every time Scar and Hilton shared the same half of the pitch.
    This also pricked my memory of AP taking Hilton out near the half way line last season at Adams Park. I can still hear the shudder of bones in my head now. Always makes me grin!

• It's less than re-assuring thinking of El Abd up against him! Hopefully, if Saunders, Tyson and Bayo are back, we can take the game to them.

• well bayo will be the only one who would start should that be the case !!

• @EwanHoosaami thanks for the reminder. one of the rare highlights from last years home games.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Also a lot less experienced. I would venture that will be the reason given should El-Abd get the nod. Let's be honest, if they have Diving Danny Hilton throwing his Chalfonts to the turf every other minute, we would be on a knife edge every time Scar and Hilton shared the same half of the pitch.
    This also pricked my memory of AP taking Hilton out near the half way line last season at Adams Park. I can still hear the shudder of bones in my head now. Always makes me grin!

That was one of my favourite moments of last season

• Yes, real shame to see him limp off and that mad manager (Nathan Jones), reacting as a consequence.