Skip to content

Checkatrade Quarter Final Draw

Mansfield away
COYB

Comments

• Not a good draw!

• Don't think it's a bad draw at all...would rather that then luton or Oxford.

• Not a bad draw at all.

• In terms of progressing it's a decent draw but in terms of preparation for the weekend it's not ideal. We seem to be getting the raw end of away versus home draws in recent years.

• Financially I'd imagine an away draw is preferable

• Since every discussion around this cup centres on the finance what does happen with the cost of away travel for this and the Blackpool trip? Is this picked up out of gate receipts or is this our cost alone? I would think the later but thought I'd ask.

The team stayed overnight prior to Blackpool so that was a reasonable cost. Absorbed within the much coveted prize money but only due to the win.

• Don't forget it will probably be all ticket for away fans (or at least no sales on the night)!

• No need for an overnight stay for Mansfield. Easy to travel same day as match. They will probably have also an early 7pm kick off , so the match will be finishing at a more reasonable time.

• Reasonable expenses of both clubs come first out of gate money. This includes overnight travel for long trips.

Balance after that (if any after Blackpool game) is split 45-45-10 (different arrangements for the U21 teams)

• Just over 2 hours from me (Liverpool), prob just the 2 of us going so anyone wants to jump in m3g etc let us know.

• I actually think this is pretty much the worst draw we could have had. Mansfield are mid table in the league, don't have the FA Cup distraction that some other sides do and are likely to be taking this match very seriously. I'm sure the odious Steve Evans will have them very fired up. The lengthy trip is not ideal either.

• Players prefer to play Sat / Tues / Sat / Tues , etc , rather than play just the one league game each week. Preparation for midweek game will take their minds off the Spurs game ( actual date and time still to be confirmed. ).

• Sweeping generalisation there Melchie

• Tue 24th, 7.45pm kick off job.

Wonder why Blackpool and other games were 7pm then.

Surely Mansfield will ease their "all ticket" nonsense for this game?
    Although you'd simply go in the home end and sort it out from there if caught out

• It appears "all ticket nonsense" is still being applied for this game. I can't see that helping the attendance figure much. Utter madness.

• @Wycombe85 There was an interview with Steve Evans in the Football League Paper late last year where he said he was taking the FLT very seriously as it represented MTFC's best chance of winning anything.