Skip to content

Long Shot But...... Help for Ticket for Saturday

2»

Comments

• I wonder if Stourbridge considered a 'big screen at the ground' option - as we did for the Leicester City FA Cup Quarter-final - for those 1,000 Glassboys and girls that TRM believes have missed out.

• There is also a bit of an element that it is our home game, and the whole advantage is meant to be that you have significantly more fans there than the opposition.

So perhaps allowing them 3,000 when we might get 4,000 of our own wouldn't have been ideal. I've seen manager's moaning about "Giving" up advantage in this way before.

• There's no way we're geared up to be able to deal with a big screen at our ground AS WELL AS the game itself!

The "home advantage" thing is a very valid point - why should you make us any more at home than you need to? You're the home team, you've given us more than the 15% I believe we're entitled to as it is, so you're doing nothing wrong.

• edited January 2017

@TRM , we did give Villa extra last year, as in the whole of the main stand if I remember correctly (rather than a couple of hundred extra for you guys), but two big differences were apparent.
    One, the obvious that at 9,200 ish, we still had 2/3 of the fans in there, and a more subtle one, I honestly think our club were caught out by home demand, so thought the best bet was to "bank" the guaranteed Villa extra demand. In the end, we'd have no doubt been able to fill most of that main stand too.

Of course, we may have underestimated your demand too, and cost ourselves however much. But I wonder if the extra demand would have been like the time Oxford had extra demand, and would have called for extra fees in stewarding etc to not make it worthwhile.

Not that we can compare you guys with our "Hoolie heavy" local rivals!
    A lot to consider.
    Or maybe i'm bored and filling some time in!

• TRMTRM
    edited January 2017

I'm a cautious "glass half empty" sort most of the time. I expect us to lose most games we play, even when we're in good form. But even I think there's every chance we'd have sold another 1,000 or very close - albeit that's only here and now, with the benefit of hindsight.

I would also guess that when we were offered 1,800 tickets we probably said "Thanks, that'll be more than enough", at which point your bods cheerfully got on with selling the rest of the stadium to your fans. The demand has taken everyone by surprise, I think.

Under those circumstances, fair play to you for letting us have any more at all.

Tis immaterial now, though!

• An hour and a half now to sell the rest of the stadium - it's only about another 3,500!

• I suspect TRM has hit the nail on the head. By the time anyone realised that Stourbridge could sell more tickets, seats in parts of the ground where they could be accommodated had already been sold to home supporters.

Great shame though, even splitting cash 50-50 after expenses, 1000 less sales at £20 per head, £10,000 lost to each club not counting the inevitable ill-will from some who turn up tomorrow unaware that it is an allticket match. And as I said before the unfortunate reality of empty seats and people not in the ground who would like to be there.

• edited January 2017

Agree In principle @DevC .
    But adult tickets £15, and FA Cup is split 45/45, with the other 10% into a mysterious "pot",
    so on your numbers perhaps £6,750 lost (if all 1,000 "maybe possible" extras are adults).
    Dwarfed by the £67,500 winning fund.
    So let's hope we win it!

And Blackpool, for 40k in the maligned cup midweek!

• @perfidious_albion said:
    See Wanderers Facebook page, bloke called Geoff has two tickets for sale in family stand

His name is Jeff Brydon. He has/had 2 tickets for sale in the Family Stand. He has put his mobile number on Facebook but I hesitate to put it on here without his permission. Good luck, anyway.

• Above message for @cashcroft .

• Actually having checked the rules, your very reasonable intervention isn't quite right Malone.

Split for matches involving League and premier teams is 45-45-10 of revenue after both teams expenses.
    However for a match involving a non-league team it is actually 40-50-10 (40 to us) so we actually get slightly less from playing Stourbridge than we would from playing a league team.

The pool gets allocated to all league and premier teams but I cant see who gets what split and whether it is just split between teams that reached the 3rd round. Likely that we would get more from the pool than we would have from 10% of our gate.

• @cashcroft - Jeff Brydon's mobile no. is 07802 196277. He now has only one ticket. Near the halfway line in the Family Stand.

• @DevC , that is a strange one. But as we wouldn't necessarily have reached 6,200 ish against a lot of league clubs, still means we're better off this way.

And we get a proper romantic cup tie, rather than the same old.

• Damn - had planned to take my boys to this game tomorrow. Missed the boat as I've been out of the country a couple of weeks. My fault for falling asleep at the wheel and only just checking, had assumed there would be tickets on the day, as with the other handful of games we go to each season. Seems odd to want to exchange £50 or so to sit in seats that will be empty - and not be able to do so; it also seems to be the antithesis of the FA Cup spirit

• thank you, appreciate it, i have thankfully sorted a ticket out now though, thanks again

• @DevC I don't know where you get your info from on split fees being more for a non league club but it's wrong. Wycombe and Stourbridge will each be getting 45 per cent of gate tomorrow (source: fa cup rule book)

• @DevC is correct I just spent a few minutes I won't get back reading the rules of the competition Stourbridge get a larger proportion of the gate revenue

• I stand corrected. The version of the rules I looked up made no reference to this. It seems a tad unfair this. Wycombe need the money just as much as Stourbridge do. Although I can understand the rule for premier league clubs.

• But we get the bar and food take so quids in on the day

• There is some logic, Midlander.

Unfair for the non-league clubs 5% share to go into the pool if they cant benefit from the pool, so can see why they get 50%

That would leave only 5% of gatemoney going into the pool when pool revenues from every game is 10%. Unfair on the pool.

So league club, makes up the 10%.

Rules is rules, we knew them when entering. If we win, we get another game with yet more revenues and of course a dream or two along the way.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    But we get the bar and food take so quids in on the day

That's assuming they don't run out of food as per normal in the Woodlands