Skip to content

Parking in Arundel Road

For the second time in a year having parked legally and considerately in Arundel Road,I get some idiot resident coming out of their house saying I shouldn't park I their precious road if I am going to AP Different if I was parked badly but I wasn't Never have this problem if park in surrounding roads Any one else had this problem or am I unlucky?

Comments

• Can park where u like..if they have issue they should park on the road instead to allow extra persons park on their drive..have not parked there recently but never had problems when I did.

• Tell them to fuck off.

• And then park in front of their house every game for the rest of the season.

• When I asked the guy did he move in after 1990 ie when AP opened he didn't answer. Ie known problem if moving in .Your right it's a free country and we can park where we like as long as you park properly.

• Problem is you never know if idiots like that will do something daft to your car ,pretty obvious who it was if they did . tempting to make it a regular parking slot as you say!

• Someone keyed my car last season when I parked on a residential street with no restrictions for the away fixture at Barnet. You have the right to park where you like ( assuming there are no road markings there ) but you can't account for irate residents doing stuff to your car.

• edited January 2017

@Glenactico ,what a clever response that'd be, bearing in mind he'd be leaving his car unattended there for a minimum of 2 hours!
    @Mr67 appreciates that risk, and although it might be obvious, proving it would be a different story.

• Maybe the guy was just having a bad day, sorry about the problem at Barnet disgraceful

• @Malone said:
    Glenactico ,what a clever response that'd be, bearing in mind he'd be leaving his car unattended there for a minimum of 2 hours!
    Mr67 appreciates that risk, and although it might be obvious, proving it would be a different story.

@Mr67 said:
    Problem is you never know if idiots like that will do something daft to your car ,pretty obvious who it was if they did . tempting to make it a regular parking slot as you say!

He knows where you park for two hrs - you know where he LIVES EVERY DAY, so I'm pretty confident you'd be Ok.

• edited January 2017

Unless of course you are not of criminal mind.
    And ignoring the likelihood that his neighbours are fairly likely to back his opinion, meaning you have a string of witnesses against you, that you can't rely on yourself.

• Tell them to fuck off.

• I don't approve of swearing but in this case yes fuck off is appropriate I'd add the middle finger of both hands as a garnish

• @Malone said:
    Unless of course you are not of criminal mind.
    And ignoring the likelihood that his neighbours are fairly likely to back his opinion, meaning you have a string of witnesses against you, that you can't rely on yourself.

I'm not suggesting @Mr67 should kick said resident's head in during broad daylight.

I only mean that it would be quite brave/stupid for said resident to deface someone's car when that person a) knows you don't like the fact you've parked there, and b) knows where you live.

• Not sure if @Weegie wanted to put this in the book, but maybe volume 2. In reference to a trip to Chester in the trusty 16 seat. The best policy is to shout Burnley! Burnley! Just watch them scatter as people approach your vehicle. Or in this instance they Fuck off back indoors!

• @M3G, that was a bizarre incident. Probably deserves a book of its own.
    I managed 426 pages... I reckon you could beat that.
    Yeovil car keys... Cheese Slice battle... Bromsgrove... non-alcoholic lager heist...

• ah yes the cheese slice battle of Sailsbury, worth 2 chapters at the very least...

• The Salisbury Cheese Slice Affair was a total disgrace (lol!)...as was the Yeovil keys incident, of course

• As long as you do not block the entrance of someone's property and assuming there are no other restrictions you are OK. I presume the entrance to someone's property is at the point where the kerb is lowered. So, what about properties where the front wall/fence has been removed! is it still OK to park in front of those properties at those points especially as the kerb is more than likely not lowered and thereby not classed as an entrance to the property?

• If the kerb is not lowered to allow access to the property, then in all probability there has been no official permission given by the local authority. As such, there is no reason, (other than local parking restrictions/double yellow lines), why you you can not park there.
    My recommendation would be to park there again and if approached by the same person, inform them that you will all the police regarding harassment issues unless they can prove that you have no legal entitlement to leave your car there. I wouldn't mind putting a bet on that will end the matter?

• I park there most weeks. As long as you're not blocking the drive/on the lowered kerb you're fine.

Take the high ground and just ignore them!

• I've had some abuse parking on Coombe Rise before, and refused to move my car as I was legally parked.

As others have said, unless they lived there prior to Adams Park being approved, they have absolutely no grounds to complain.

• @bill_stickers Even if they have lived there for 30+ years, if legally parked they have no grounds to complain. In the real world, I think it's known as "tough sh1t!" If they don't like it, there are a couple of options.
    1) Lobby the local council/MP to change parking restrictions.
    2) Move house.

• I agree they have no legal right to protest someone parking there but I would have more sympathy if they politely asked me to park elsewhere if they had been there before the stadium.