Skip to content

Comments

• Thanks for your work over the year @vital

• Happy New Year (and thanks) to the Vital boys.
    2-1 would be good. Let's hope Mr Collins can keep up with play.

• For how long is "defender Max Müller is unlikely to be involved having only just returned from a long-term hamstring injury" going to be a stock phrase for these previews?

I guess it'll be useful to have him around to give Stewart or Pierre a rest for the Blackpool trophy game, but, if he's not up to league football, perhaps it's time to say "thanks but no thanks."

• Thanks @Vital for your tireless efforts in keepi g me and many more up to date with the Wycombe news in 2016.

I hope 2017 will continue in the same vein and that some bright spark volunteers to write summaries if you still need one.

All the best for the new year. Cheers!

• He has no opportunity to play at the moment apart from at Blackpool when Pierre is suspended. We have Harriman now out injured and Pierre and Stewart very close to bans probably meaning we could see Muller and De Havviland v Stourbridge.

• The cut off for 5 bookings was 30th November so no worries regarding suspension.
    I personally think we'd be mad to change the centre backs for the Stourbridge game, not going to be as easier game as people think, may also be Pierres last game for the club.

• He is Banned for the game at Blackpool. FACT

• Not disagreeing he's banned for the Blackpool game. I was referring to your 'Pierre and Stewart very close to bans' comment
    They are not, it's now 10 bookings by the middle of march before suspension.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ditto, was having a read on the Exiles forums myself. Not much time for the two new signings jelling with the team. But I haven't forgotten the 1-2 lose at home, when County where propping up the L2. Nevertheless we are on fire at the moment, long may that continue.

• @ryski said:
    The cut off for 5 bookings was 30th November so no worries regarding suspension.
    I personally think we'd be mad to change the centre backs for the Stourbridge game, not going to be as easier game as people think, may also be Pierres last game for the club.

Not sure too many people think the Stourbridge game is going to be easy. The consensus among supporters I have spoken to is that it will be far from easy.

• Bookies have only Man U a shorter price than us to win next Saturday. We are 3/10 shots.

• Happy New Year to all and the two new faces Newport County have signed are striker Aaron Williams from Peterborough United on an 18-month deal and forward Jaanai Gordon from West Ham on loan. Little known about either but obviously will be out to impress if given first start tomorrow. Williams scored 12 in 26 for Nuneaton on loan last season and 2 in 10 for Peterborough earlier this season and 7 in 21 for another loan stint at Nuneaton, and Gordon not prolific with best spell in 2014 - 15 season loan at Chelmsford where scored 5 in 10 but probably know each other as Gordon was also on loan at Nuneaton.

• Wycombe don't allways play at their best against teams lower in the league let's hope they can change that this time, I am confident they can.

• This afternoon will be a tough physical encounter. 146 cards shared between the two clubs and a referee who has issued 2 reds in 6 games suggest that there might not be 22 players on the pitch at the final whistle.