Skip to content

Excellent news at 1130 on club site

Suspect extensions for Yennaris and Saunders until end of season.

Comments

• Good shout. Now confirmed. Great news.

• http://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/article/sam-and-nico-to-stay-for-the-season-2353470.aspx

Confirmed!

I don't think Bean, Bloomfield or Murphy are bad players, but I wasn't looking forward to a crunch end of season run-in without either Saunders or Yennaris. This is a massive boost in our automatic promotion bid.

• Great news

• didn't see this before my Nico / Sam new thread, apologies

• It is great news, although the 24hr recall option is a worry. Let's hope Brentford don't pick up any injuries between now and the end of the season! Personally I'll be surprised if Saunders is still with us when we travel to Northampton for the final league match, perhaps we'll be able to keep hold of Nico though, as he wasn't really featuring much for them.

• Is there a transfer deadline style limit on when players get called back or can in theory this be done on the morning of the last game.

• 24 hours notice

• Yeah AttitudeEra is correct, 24 hours is standard recall clause.

• I'm still wondering why all the Saunders plaudits. Lee was far the most influential player on Tuesday night by far and unfortunately for him on the losing side. That tackle was reckless and lucky not to get a red card.

• You can see Saunders quality when he has the ball - the ability to shield and turn away from trouble, pick out a pass - not to mention the way he can bend in a cross or free-kick. I'm not sure it was a reckless tackle - more cynical I'd say.

• .....and unnecessary deep into the Luton half.

• It is cynical, but someone needed to clatter Lee. He was dominating the game and it knocked him off his stride a bit. He was later subbed remember.

• There is a difference between clattering someone and taking a cheap shot from behind that forces the player to be subbed as he was limping after it. Saunders had a great game but that was a cowards move.

• Sam 'the assassin' Saunders executed that 'tackle' 'deep in the Luton half' for exactly that reason: in an innocuous position='s less of a threat / less chance of a red. Lee was running the game, his performance had to be terminated. Not condoning it but welcome to modern 'professional' football from a player used to performing at a higher level of intensity & cynicism.

• @perfidious_albion Sadly, I think you are probably right. My reading of the situation was naive.