Skip to content

Brilliant G2 definative Genesis gig at the town hall

Last night .
As close to the real thing as I can remember. Highly recommend catching them on their next visit.

Comments

• As a teenager growing up in the post-punk era, I was always lead to believe Genesis were terrible. With the advent of online accessibility of whole albums to stream I actually gave them a proper listen, and you know what? They really were bloody rubbish. I mean, REALLY rubbish.

• Somewhere in a luxurious Swiss mountain villa a little tear falls silently into a bowl of fondue.

• @MindlessDrugHoover I know what you mean.

• I agree, a tedious mundane band if ever you heard one. No wonder the
    talent of the band Phil Collins jumped ship and carved out a half decent solo career.

• So thats one yes and three maybes.

• 'It's a concept album about a Puerto Rican youth on the streets of...'
    Oh...**** off you public school muso! Fox in a dress? Peeerlease!
    Follow Me Follow You is the only track I can stomach...because I like the guitar riff. Other than that, for me if you cannot say what you want to say in 3' 30" (including guitar solo)...don;t bother. (I realise this discounts vast swathes of side-boarded, flared twiddly stadium pleasers but I knows what I like...)

• Morris - fear not you are not alone.
    If that was your first G2 gig - welcome. It was not their best - the sound system was a bit off. The best place to see them is at the Stables at MK where they do 2 consecutive nights each year in late May - which always sell out. All the seats have been sold for this year but they will almost certainly add balcony standing - call them very soon and enquire.
    And how anyone can rate Follow me Follow you compared with the early stuff is beyond comprehension!

• Morris Ital kind of band in some people's opinion. Trick of the Tail was a superb LP back in the mid '70s. Can't say I've heard much else. Mrs micra was ushering last night and thought G2 were pretty good.

• Thanks chaps im always willing to fight the "prog" corner but glad to see im not alone

• @Thicketblue Oh My god! Not only are you encouraging this sort of thing but your also trying to get people to go to MK!!!!!