Skip to content

Credit Rating - League 2 clubs

Interesting discussion here on Morecambe's forum, can't comment on the accuracy but assuming true, then we're not in a bad position compared to some others...

http://giraffe.arvixe.com/~iomkeith/shrimpsvoices/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22077&sid=e27cf4dd82d6a4bcaddd5d90ebafe37f

Comments

• Interesting on several levels. Not least the original poster's seemingly blasé attitude to what I would imagine is supposed to be confidential and commercial sensitive info. Surprised how little questioning of the source on their forum. They must be a lot less cynical than us.

• Its not confidential or commercially sensitive info. Anyone can subscribe to the various agencies who do this stuff.

Its also largely unreliable and while arguably better than nothing, any business that relies totally on credit ratings needs its head examining. As does any business that lends money to a lower level football club (and that is what selling on credit is) totally confident it will get paid.

• I'm amused by this list that is taken from the real world of credit ratings when everyone knows football has its own set of rules that bear no relevance to good governance or even legality in some cases.
    I have traded with football clubs (including Premiership ones) down the years on more than one occasion and I can tell you that they have no shame in stiffing a small supplier whilst paying for their players to have gold plated cars.