Skip to content

Tick Tock

Without wanting to introduce a negative tone to a generally sunny outlook, anybody remember when the loans for Blackman, Gape and PCH expire. If they are 31/12, getting rather close now.

Comments

• edited December 2016

@DevC I think you will find that Blackman & Gape's loans end on January 3rd with PCH on January 31st. Pretty confident GA and AH will be working on this as we speak.

• PCH - I worry that Millwall will recall him so they can take one last look at him before possibly releasing at the end of the season. It would be a huge loss for us, and I hope he tells them he'd rather play for us week in week out than get a couple of games off the bench between now and the end of the season at the Den.

Gape - Surely he's got to stay? I can't see him getting as regular football if he was loaned out to a League One club. We seem to have a good relationship with Southampton.

Blackman - It was quite a shock we ever loaned him in the first place so I actually think he might stay. However, I reckon he could cut the mustard in the Championship so perhaps his development is best served elsewhere...

• I know that Wigan have been scouting Blackman in recent weeks, presumably not the only club

• I would like to think Millwall might agree to a mutual termination and we can Paris back on a permanent deal. Or we take him till the end of the season and pay most or all of his wages. I can't imagine he has a future at Millwall, having barely played for them thus far, so it seems logical we could come to an agreement.

Gape is getting good first team experience and starting games. I think Southampton would probably want to continue the loan.

Blackman could probably get a game at a higher level so I'm not sure. Do we know if he trains with wwfc all week or does he spend some time in coaching at Chelsea and then join the squad toward the end of the week?

• I am sure you are right suggesting GA is working on loan extentions. Slightly concerned that we are getting rather close. Take 2 of those three plus Pierre out of the first 11 and the team looks on paper at least significantly weaker.

I suppose the recent run has made relegation a remote prospect regardless - thank goodness - but any hopes of a serious playoff bid must surely rest on at least three of those four being here on Feb 1.

• Additionally, A Stewart is out of contract in the summer. It will be interesting how that one plays out after the debacle last time

• With the emergence of Kashket I don't think Paris is so essential now. Great player that he is, the fact that he spends so much time injured may not be the best use of a limited wage budget particularly as he would probably be in the top three earners.

With regard to Blackman I think he will stay. If Blackman goes to a Championship club he will have more competition and thus more likely to be dropped if he makes a few mistakes. Chelsea need him playing every week which is guaranteed here, and after all he has broadly similar shots and crosses to deal with that he would have at a Championship club.

• It's harder for keepers to find a club anyway because they're only needed for injuries or exceptionally bad form. Someone like Jamal won't be signing for a Championship club just to be their cover or backup option.

• @Vincey , hopefully he learnt a super harsh lesson last time, and appreciates the fact he could easily have been rotting in non league somewhere if Gaz hadn't been so forgiving.

• When is the 500 club deadline?

• @LX1 I don't think it specifies but assume end of Jan?

• Right I'm bloody doing it whilst I'm drunk. Think we can win the Cup this year

• Not again LX1!