Skip to content

Of course every result would go against us today...

Bury winning at home to Northampton in the last minute with 10 men is a real sucker punch. Tuesday night's game is huge now with 3 points against Luton importantly needed to keep that 4 point buffer from Bury who really are coming up like a train...

Comments

• Yes we need that win to keep that gap. Don't forget Bury are at home to Southend Next Saturday and Shrewsbury two weeks after that. But I think we will get that win on Tuesday. I am more worried about getting the Dagenham game out of the way Saturday with 3 points won.

• I believe we have "previous" with both Bury and Shrewsbury when it comes to narrowly contested promotion situations! Who can forget the crucial goal that wasn't at Shrewsbury or the anxious wait at the end of that awful flat 2-1 defeat by Notts County, hoping that Bury wouldn't score in added time. What with that and last season's drama, we seem to be remarkably good at successful brinkmanship. Long may it continue although, for the sake of our frayed nerves, it would be good to have it sewn up before the trip to Northampton.

• Bury's remarkable run of form will have to run out at some point. But it now looks a big ask for Southend to get in the top 3 and Burton are surely promoted. Fortunately for us Bury and Shrewsbury still have to play each other.

• And we might well need Shrewsbury to win that one! You probably have guessed that I'll happily settle for third - on goal difference if necessary. Sound familiar?!

• If we get the right results in our games, then there's no need to develop an unhealthy obsession with other teams' results. All we need to do is make sure we do ourselves justice and have no regrets at the end of the season, wherever we end up in the league.