Skip to content

The Opposition View - Notts County

Comments

• Ok so we can clearly see why this was the first ( and probably the last ) game this referee has officiated this season, yes he has had in some people's eyes a bit of a shocker but honestly akinfenwa's second yellow was laughable but if anything PCH could easily have gone as they both lunged in. I for one am getting sick and tired of opposition fans whining and bitching about bad refereeing when ever they lose to us, I think chesterfield is the only game from this season where their fans haven't whined about refereeing or us 'cheating'. I always come to this thread in the vague hope that their fans will say complimentary things about our football, instead we're treated to whiny grown men crying into their bovril whilst blaming everyone else.

Sigh :-(

• At the time I thought Paris would be sent off, but from the highlights it looked definitely the right decision.

Good luck with that appeal!

• Rare game for me doing the uni run (with a bit of a diversion). Thoughts.
    1) notts - friendly club
    2) such an improvement in confidence since my last game at Yeovil
    3) top quality cross for first goal
    4) defence so on top it was almost embarrassing. Keep those five together in jan and season looks very bright
    5) akinfenwa outstanding
    6) but should have been subbed once game won at 2-0. Ref was looking to even things up. Live the challenge looked a second yellow.
    7) given seven wins in a row surprising levels of negativity and barracking from the crowd
    8) are you really sure dear satnav that single track country lanes in a tempest was the best way to the a1?

• Actually a fairier bunch of comments than we're used to.

• Can believe sheridan has a better view from 50 yards than the lino from 20 yards..poor comments from.sheridan.

• I would have made the Akinfenwa change. But I'm guessing that it wasn't made on the basis that we don't have anyone else that can play that role (Garry Thompson?) and we were so dominant it would be a shame to change the system. Unfortunately that means that we miss him for all 90 mins of a game starting at 0-0 rather than 30 minutes against 10 men at 2-0 up. Fingers crossed Hayes is fit for Orient.

• The Chairboys player commentary team were predicting the Akinfenwa sending off 10-15 minutes before it happened, as I suspect were many of us listeners. If only they could select nexthe weeks Euro lottery numbers with the same ease. Just highlights how poor the referee was as it was so obvious that he was going to try and even out the numbers on the field. Possibly Gareths' only error of judgement this month.

• Fair comments from the Notts fans. And if John Sheridan wants ex-players to become referees then why doesn't he set an example and go for it? Comments like that make you realise how lucky we are not to be stuck with someone like him as our manager.

• I cannot believe Sheridan's gripes.
    Their sending off was a two footed lunge. Ref no choice but to send off.
    Our second was perfectly fair. No offside or foul, just weak defending.
    Bayo's sending off was a complete disgrace. You can't send someone off for jumping for the ball!

• Players behaviour on the pitch often makes one aware that they don't know the rules so how would that suggest that many (or any) would make good referees?