Skip to content

Kashket signs a new contract

2»

Comments

• It might be something entirely unrelated. It might not be. What we know from that article isn't enough for me to reach the conclusion that it was anti-semitism.

Now if Kashket or his family were to say his treatment was down to anti-semitism that would be a different matter - but seeing as they haven't I don't think it's my place to make that assumption.

• Interesting thread on the orient forum about Scott. I'm so glad we aren't owned by someone like Becchetti

• @OakwoodExile said:
    Why is it a "bit of a jump"? What else do we know about Kashket that might cause that kind of behaviour? He seems a nice enough lad. It seems quite likely that Kashket's dad is also Jewish, even though Judaism is inherited on the mother's side.

I find it fascinating, frankly, that so many people, when faced by the fact that a member of a minority group has had a bad experience, are only prepared to accept that their membership of the group was the cause of the bad experience when all other possible causes have been eliminated. There are enough racists, antisemites and misogynists around to make their membership of the minority group (or majority group, in the case of women) the most and not least likely explanation.

What a load of absolute bollocks.

There's absolutely no hint on the article or anywhere that it's related.

Yes it's not impossible, but it's just as possible as any other reason that hasn't been ruled out, to suggest that anything bad that happens to someone of a minority is most likely simply because of it is ridiculous.

• Agree with the above, what a strange assumption to make.

Might just have disliked him and his dad for any other reason under the sun as much as for that reason!

• Totally agree. Hate it when the race/religion card is pulled as a 1st resort. Just as likely to be a personality clash, a wrong comment on the wrong day that planted the wrong seed. Who really knows?

• I admit it was easy reading that then putting two and two together to come up with the inference that the motive for shutting Scott out was anti-semitic, though there could easily be another reason (or the dictator just didn't like him on a whim).

• Whatever the reason, certainly our gain. Saturday will be particularly interesting in that I like to think Scott Kashket is perfectly capable of scoring/assisting goals without his mentor/minder.

• To anyone who jumps to the assumption it is anti-Semitism; you could be right. It's certainly a possibility.

But think of all the other potential reasons why this could be happening. I could come up with thousands of hypotheticals based on jaff all evidence aside from this article.

• They's making the same speculation on the Orient forum. The whole Kashket regret thread is kinda entertaining: http://leytonorientforum.co.uk/topic18339.html

• Italians are well known for xenophobia and racism (as well as cowardice).

• @Chris said:
    Italians are well known for xenophobia and racism (as well as cowardice).

Is this another generalisation? Chris are these your words? There is xenophobia and racism in all walks of life I take particular umbrage to you comment about cowardice

• It's a quote from the Orient forum.

• Oh I completely agree @braywanderer , I was quoting that as it struck me as spectacularly unself-aware.

• It was certainly an interesting trawl through - thanks for the link @drcongo. On the whole I thought they were a reasonable group of comments - although they do seem to lack a bit of humour regarding what seemed to be an obvious piss-take on it being the fans fault.
    Certainly glad we don't have an owner like that. From what is being said the reason for Scott being frozen out is probably related to the alleged dispute between his father and the owner. What the root cause of that is God only knows