Skip to content

Alfie Mawson making 21s debut on BT Sport now

Hause also playing

Comments

• Great stuff. Wish I'd seen it. How did they play?

• Both got 7/10 in The Sun ratings.

• Did anyone see the game? I feel proud that two players who we've watched start in the game have reached this level. My general view is that is really hard for young English players to make a mark in the game but both Mawson and Hause prove that isn't that true.

• With Stones and Cahill looking far from impressive and an absolute dearth of quality English centre backs. I imagine Mr Southgate is keeping a very close eye on the u21 situation.

• Hopefully we inserted an add on if Hause gets a full cap.

• Hopefully with the right country too

• Hause looked a bit panicky at times, but both were fairly solid otherwise (France's 3 goals were a long shot from Dembele and two free kicks). Mawson didn't get forward as much as he did for us (as you might expect).

• Sounds a bit similar to Mawson's run out v Man Utd. Decent game, not to blame for anything, but still shipped 3. That's the step up in class.

Has every chance of making the step up if he keeps developing. There's an absolute dearth of quality defenders these days, and your Stones type show the new breed f being ball players who are quite poor at the defending side of things.