Skip to content

Morecambe Match Report

Comments

• Bit harsh on Stewart & Pierre.
    Stewart 6 - Solid when called upon but not particularly troubled.
    Pierre 6 - Same as Stewart.
    The reason they were not particularly troubled is because they are so good at what they do.
    That aside, agree with the rest.

• I think O'Nien plays a lot better when Bean is behind him doing the dirty work.

• Bean was superb today.

• Valid point on Stewart and Pierre. Felt neither were particular troubled but that may be because they did what they had to so comfortably and convincingly it went unnoticed.
    On reflection I felt Pierre was much improved and more like himself today after a sloppy start to the season for his standards. Hope his hearts still here and can kick on now.

• We were much better when Bean came on, but his passing almost rules him out of the team altogether - he really is awful at it.

Same could be said of the defence. Half of our problem some times is Stewart's and Pierre's insistence to hoof the ball forward whenever they have it without even attempting to look to midfield. Whether this is their decision, or GA's is up for debate.

• I'd like to see O'Nien play with Rowe instead of Bean in the holding midfield role - Rowe can both break up play and pass the ball to one of his teammates. He hasn't featured in the squad for the last week - is he injured or simply, once again, out of favour? Have O'Nien and Rowe ever once played together in midfield? I can't actually recall a time when they've both been fit / in favour at the same time!

• Apart from the win, which I am obviously delighted with, the other pleasing aspect of the victory was the clean sheet. I was only saying to my son on the way in that I couldn't remember the last time we kept the opposition out.

• I thought our full backs passing was poor I know jj got an assist but they just hoof it, thought pierre and stewert actually played out more than the full backs they didn't over lap once harriman was very poor going forward. Probably ainsworth instructions though.

• 'Goalward header'? Pierre's first goal was ping well wide till it hit the defender, own goal in my book.

• A pleasant surprise watching yesterday's game, after the last time I watched us was the dire Barnet loss.

I really have no idea where we might finish this year. One week it feels like we are destined for a relegation battle, the next minute I'm imagining another play off date at Wembley.

• Great team performance. 9 Players getting Man of the Match votes speaks for itself. A rare occurrence. Also, when did we last (or ever) have 15 goalscorers at this stage of the season?

• @micra I make it 16 separate scorers now.

• Even more remarkable.

• In defence of the defence, it's very rare they have much chance to be interesting with the ball as they usually have someone right in their face. I agree about Rowe though, when he plays in the midfield he seems to be Bean with passing ability...though Beano came on and did a good job. More importantly what did rose tinted smell the coffee this is shit if you're all happy with mediocrity @Wwfc_2015 think?

• @Wendoverman said:
    More importantly what did rose tinted smell the coffee this is shit if you're all happy with mediocrity Wwfc_2015 think?

LOL, was only thinking the same.

• Im really not convinced by Danny Rowe, he always seems to slow and ponderous to react to the lose ball. Prefer a fit Bean or Gape personally.