Skip to content

Match day thread: Pompey (FA Cup)

Comments

• I know it's pathetic but why do you put WWFC first when they're away?

• BSEBSE
    edited November 2016

@peterparrotface no real reason really, I just made the one template and just used that. As didn't think any one would be bothered other than who were playing, I can start putting them the other side for away matches if people want its not difficult.

• Good line up although would like to see jombati get some more game time.

• Live commentary of Pompey v Wycombe Wanderers is on BBC Online, BBC Three Counties and Chairboys Player. The magic of the FA Cup...

• Is Wood injured. He seemed to have a couple of very good games a month ago (ish) and then hasn't played again.

Have we played with two proper wingers in a single game all season?

• Hang on, we seem to be winning! 1-0 Paris!

• Excellent stuff so far. Bayo causing havoc. Blooms buzzing around. Full value for the lead.

• Listening on BBC Solent. Sounds like We're very much on top, a shame it's just the 1 goal!
    Interesting comments from their commentators regarding some time wasting after our goal, suggesting that Wycombe were doing Pompey a favour by time wasting, as Wycombe were so dominant and it was disrupting Wycombe more than Pompey.

Anyway, lets hope we can keep the chances coming in the 2nd half, as we'll likely need a 2nd goal if Pompey do improve and bring Chaplin on.

• Get in!!!!! well battled lads.

• That's a cracking win. I remember the negative mood after we drew them a few weeks ago!

Hope for a home draw against someone a bit more low key next round though!

• Get in! Well done boys!!!!

• Fabulous performance- some joy at last

• With this great result let's just hope we can pick up some away wins in the league to move up the table. Have to admit i thought we'd get beat today so i'm pleased to have been proved wrong.

• Best away performance of the season by a very long way. Great all round team performance but Bayo MOTM for me. What a presence he can be. And Blooms just never stops running.

Stuck in traffic now but couldn't care less.

• How many fans did we take?

• Well done lads.. nice away win.

• Felt like a good 500 . Lots of noise. Great atmosphere, though I have to say, pompey fans are very quick to get on the team's back. Nice ovation for Bayo went he went off, though.

• Player said 5oo great win, and talk of 18-00 grand
    On the day..

• Bit quiet on here tonight? Oh I forgot, we won!

Only kidding. Great result for us, good performance, especially first half. Equaliser just after the break seemed to knock us back a bit, but we got back into it with good efforts from Weston and Bayo, before Bayo's late winner. Slightly nervous ending, with six minutes added on, and late corners for Pompey, but we held on.

Good turnout by us, and great atmosphere, although the ground was less than half full. My man of the match? Bayo - probably his best game for us so far.

• Where is Wwfc2015 today?

• I think he must be writing letters to the Portsmouth news, there are over 70 comments already

• @mooneyman said:
    Where is Wwfc2015 today?

I was thinking the very same thing. You just knew he would stay under that rock from which he slithers at the 1st sign of a bad performance /result.

• Oh, and i have to say, having said he'd been disappointing lately on the Who Shall We Keep thread, Dom Gape was immense today.

• Playing Portsmouth is very motivating to a Southampton player.

• Credit where credit due. They boys were exceptional in the 1st half and dug deep in the 2nd. Great result and hopefully a kind draw in round 2

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    Credit where credit due. They boys were exceptional in the 1st half and dug deep in the 2nd. Great result and hopefully a kind draw in round 2

That must've hurt.

• @arnos_grove said:
    That must've hurt.

What is your obsession ? My opinions on the team are mine whereas your obsession on my comments are a little weird.