Skip to content

Burton v Southend best result ?

Is it best to hope for a Burton win or a draw ? I think a draw on balance.

Comments

• 0-0 all day long, two reds each in a full blooded encounter ending in fights and frustration. Lol, wicked mind.

• I agree, 0-0. If not that, 6-0 to Burton and red cards all round.

• Going for a draw.
    That would leave Southend 5 points behind us, and although 6 sounds better, with Bury 4 behind Southend being 5 is acceptable.
    A draw also keeps us 3 points behind Burton.

Wouldn't grumble with a Burton win, but draw would be preferred result for me.

• Bury are coming up like a train, but have a tough run in: Northampton H, Southend H, Cambridge A, Newport A, Shrewsbury H and Pompey A coming up within their next 7 games.

We just need to concentrate on picking up 4 wins from 9 and that should be enough with others dropping points and playing against each other.

Morecambe, Cheltenham and Exeter home need to be earmarked as 3 wins, which would leave us needing another 3 or 4 points from Dagenham, Luton, Burton & N'ton away + Oxford home. Very achievable and we are in a good place. 3 points from a possible 6 after Luton & Dagenham games is acceptable.

• Postponement just after half time - match to be replayed on the Tuesday night before the Good Friday and Easter Monday fixtures, when we play Burton away.

• @AttitudeEra said:
    Postponement just after half time - match to be replayed on the Tuesday night before the Good Friday and Easter Monday fixtures, when we play Burton away.

In such a glorious case would the two Reds picked up by each side be enforced in the replay and subsequent games?

• Draw or burton win

• Burton win for me.. Builds the gap between autos and playoffs. I dont care about number one spot over an improved third.

• edited March 2015

Agree with Blue_petee. Burton win, maintaining a little cushion for us from the chasing pack and still within a shout of first or second...

• Has to be a Burton win. And as big as possible. But I'd be happy with 1-0.

• ...fiesty encounter resulting in a large number of Midlands based injuries and yellow card suspensions.

• Big Southend win all the way. First is first, second is nowhere.

• Southend win, whilst fielding an ineligible player...

• I'm struggling to think of a result that I won't be happy with (perhaps a morale boosting thrashing by Southend). A draw is probably the best but a Burton win does keep Southend at arms length and a Southend win keeps us in with a shout of finishing top. The interesting thing will be how the result effects the Bury v Southend game in a week or so

• Southend miss penalty

• Southend 1 up

• Burton red, only need Burton goal and Sarfend red to be on the money

• 10 man Burton equalize 1-1

• Whilst you never want to see a footballer get injured...

Two early subs due to injury, a red card and 45 minutes played with 10 men for Burton. A slightly disheartening defeat for Southend, to lose from a winning position with a man advantage. Not a bad result for us. Shame about the late winner.

Still, 5 points is not insurmountable, especially as we have them left to play.

• That result surely means Burton are promoted. I would also be very surprised if they do not win the league. Although a draw would have been nice, the pragmatist in me says that a defeat for southend was a decent outcome as it keeps them at arms length.

• Definitely (not defiantly!) the best outcome; keeps Sarfend at bay and who cares whether we win the title. Second or third will do very nicely, thank you very much.

• There would be a nice symmetry to it if we win promotion on goal difference, but not sure I could take that and would probably start smoking again

• Mind games

• Agree with the mind games..They have 2 teams to catch up which gives them more chance than chasing 1.