Skip to content

Comments

• Don't know why, but I have a feel for a draw tomorrow? If we can keep Roberts quiet, he has been a thorn in our side for years!

• If Harriman has 5 bookings is he suspended for Saturday then?

• "Wanderers haven't won any of their last 17 league games on the road"

Absolutely extraordinary. Especially considering how feared we were away from home the season we reached Wembley. Didn't we have the best record in the country?

• @Croider I wondered that but can find no mention of it anywhere.

Our list of players and the cards they've received is compiled by updating it after every game using the BBC stats for that game.

The FA website has a section on current suspensions but bizarrely (if you click on league two) it lists Will De Havilland as being out this weekend, which makes no sense at all.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions

• Further to the above, I just checked again and the BBC has Harriman yellow carded in the following games...

Colchester (H) 27th Aug
    Pompey (A) 10th Sept
    Carlisle (A) 24th Sept
    Crewe (H) 27th Sept
    Doncaster (A) 29th Oct

• And the FA has Dillon Baines still on suspension since Feb 15.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions/clubdiscipline?league=33&club=10654473

Sounds like Harriman is suspended doesn't it even though he's only listed as having three yellows on the FA website

• edited November 2016

The Will De Havilland suspension is for the Football League Trophy only, which is why the date goes up to WW v Coventry game. He is not suspended for the league and FA Cup.

There appears to be some discrepancies between the BBC yellow card stats and the FA. On the basis that the FA will be compiling theirs from the referee reports, I would say that Harriman is available...

• @bluntphil It seems there are a LOT of discrepancies between the BBC stats and the FA.

Anyone remember Scott Brown being booked?

oh well... back to the drawing board

• I have similar feelings about this game to those of @EwanHoosaami. I think they are based on the fact that we were by no means outplayed in the league game at a time when we were sorely afflicted by injuries. Sido played at left back, where he has never been happy, PCH and Myles Weston were unavailable and then there was that very unusual flurry of goals on the stroke of half-time.
    I shall be there in spirit tomorrow and will have my fingers crossed (and nails bitten even more than usual) hoping afterwards to be looking forward to a replay with a 6000 plus gate. Of course, I'd settle for a win and the prospect of a nice easy home tie in the second round! Trouble is there's rarely such a thing as nice and easy. We probably exhausted our quota for the season when we played Crewe.

• @Vital Funnily enough, in my notebook, I've got Scott Brown down for a booking at Crawley on the opening day of the season. However, the stats are not taken from my commentary, which is probably just as well over a season.

I think OPTA supply BBC online with the stats, I've emailed them to check.

• @bluntphil I would be interested to hear what they say.

Not including our 7 EFL Trophy cards which don't count towards league suspensions, the discrepancies are as follows...

Harriman - BBC:5 - FA:3

Bloomfield - BBC:3 - FA:4

Gape - BBC:3 - FA:4

Rowe - BBC:1 - FA:2

Brown - BBC:0 - FA:1

• I agree with @bluntphil, from memory Brown was booked late against Crawley.
    Think I remember laughing at this at the time as it couldn't have been for time wasting with us 1-0 down....

• Could have been time wasting if we were trying to prevent our goal difference detiorating!

• @Vital OPTA do indeed supply the stats.

• @bluntphil I guess the next question is where do OPTA get the stats from and who keeps giving Harriman other people's cards!

• A question for Oily.

• Opta have people at the games recording every stat using some pretty impressive tech that tracks player movement.