Skip to content

Odd comments by GA about Rowe

edited November 2016 in Football

Interesting comments from GA about how blooding new players is more important than getting points.

Old stager Matt Bloomfield bagged two goals at the Keepmoat Stadium, but the callow trio of Will de Havilland , Danny Rowe and Dom Gape all started and impressed Ainsworth, who can’t pick and choose in the transfer market like high-flying Rovers.

“It’s tough for the boys in the first year of their career to learn on their feet ... My job as manager is to coach these lads, and one day I might be able to pick from the best crop, but at the moment, I’m really happy with my crop.It’s the risk and reward thing of putting these youngsters in and risking not getting points, but getting good players at the end of it."

http://www.getbucks.co.uk/sport/football/wycombe-manager-prepared-make-sacrifice-12111972

Is it just me or is Gareth suggesting that Danny Rowe is a fresh new player? Is he forgetting this is his fourth season at the club, that he was near-ever-present in his first and played no small part in keeping us up?

It seems bizarre to me that Danny is being lumped in with those in their first seasons, almost as if Gareth wants us to forget that he's wasted two seasons of Danny's career by benching / excluding / loaning him out!

Comments

• Think it might be the paper including Rowe rather than Ainsworth mentioning him specifically.

Interesting new excuse from the King of getting the excuse in early.