Skip to content

ex-Wanderers players managing in Devon

Locked horns with old Blues favourite Sean Devine last Saturday. He is currently manager of Macron Devon and Exeter League Premier Division side Heavitree United. Another ex-Wanderer, although only as a loanee, Richard Walker is also managing in the same division at Beer Albion.

Comments

• Sean Devine, along with Steve Thomson, was the signing I got most excited about as a young(ish) lad. Even when you consider the fee what a signing he was.

• Best thing about both those players was that they both delivered massively and more than lived up to the hype

Thommo is one of the best players I have ever seen play for Wycombe. He'd be in my all time first XI

So would Devine actually

• In mildly more than utterly uninteresting news, Devine was elected to sit on Exeter Supporters Trusts board at the weekend.

• Doesn't Chris Vinnicombe manage in Devon too?

• He was manager at Witheridge FC but left the club in the summer. No idea what he is doing at the moment

• edited October 2016

I remember when Devine came on for his debut against Reading and loudly declaring that he was pony, based on a couple of average games for Fisher.

A Wycombe fan correctly, and jubilantly, put me in my place about two minutes later when he scored. Great player, shows what I know.