Skip to content

Fans Forum

2»

Comments

• @Chris bleak stuff isn't it?

• @peterparrotface Oh I don't know, that's always the way lower league football has been and I enjoy it a lot. I've always found just as much joy to be had watching a Jason Cousins as a Dave Carroll. Although I think the player I've enjoyed watching most is Alfie Mawson, who excels at both sides of the game.

• @Right_in_the_Middle I've got a feeling that the vast majority that don't make it at 21 would still not have made it at 21 if they hadn't been told they were brilliant at 14.

• @DevC questions that were submitted . Some were read out and answered but once it started questions from the floor grew and grew.

• I see from the Club Website that we are about to appoint a General Manager to oversee the running of the Football Club - was this discussed or announced at the Forum ?

• Yes, it was announced.

• This is pure speculation on my part but the appointment of GM suggests to me that Andrew Howard is stepping back a little bit?

• I do find this slightly odd.

We are so strapped for cash that we have to ask Supporters to cough up to supplement Gareth's Player Budget whilst at the same time we are apparently able to afford to spend £££ on this new role.

We have been there before of course but looking at the Job Description a competent General Manager will not come cheap.

• General Managers' cost money, I assume this will reduce the playing budget even more?

• Nah he'll be registered as a right back too, and will be on £75000 per year.

• Will Dev be applying?

• @DevC I'm not quite sure why you've got a bee in your bonnet about the forum. The questions emailed in read out by the moderator didn't include who said them, so it's not possible to tell whether yours was read out or not. My 'report' was based on what I remembered and what I was most engaged by, and I invited anyone else present to fill in the gaps. From what I can remember, Howard only really got a grump on when I posited that the changes to the FLT were opening the door to B teams being shoehorned into the Football League, which is a viewpoint that seems to not particularly please him.
    Most of the time taken up with discussing B-teams (remember this is the first public forum the club/Trust has held since this development) was from the stage saying how great it was that they taught the West Ham youngsters a harsh footballing lesson and got £10k for the privilege.
    The amount of time taken to discuss it didn't stop anyone else asking about any other club business, the meeting finished when the floor had no further questions and no further questions submitted by email were read out.

• @Malone Just spotted your comment about over a year before we can attempt to calculate the Ibe funds. The accounts which have been promised for Nov 2016, should contain a note regarding "post Balance sheet events" Ibe's transfer was in July 2016 and therefore a post Balance sheet event. We should get an idea sooner than you think.

• I wonder if we'll have actually had anything in by then though?

• It will still be a post balance sheet item, as Liverpool will be a known Debtor, even if it takes 5 years to clear the commitment.

• @winformation - Not much use if we don't know the level of indebtedness. Could be a fiver!

• Slightly overshadows Hayes and Harrimans spat with the Valley end.

http://bbc.in/2eU5oEI

• @moneyman It wouldn't be much use if it was only a Fiver. Wait and see you might get a surprise.