Skip to content

Mawson?

When Mawson's loan expires and he returns to Brentford who's going to replace him, Fletcher or someone new? Any thoughts...

Comments

• Don't we have him until the end of the season?

If so I'd hazard a guess we'll get him in again (on loan or permanent) if we go up, but not if we don't.

• yeah im sure till the end of the season so lets worry about that in the summer

• Unless GA and the Trust have fantastic negotiating skills, I doubt we will see Mawson in a WWFC shirt after the end of this season. Our only hope is that we get promoted and Brentford feel he is not up to Championship standard and don't want to sell him, otherwise he may get "cashed" in elsewhere as we don't have the funds.

• Let us see in the summer. Who would have given any chance of securing Pierre last summer?

• Brentford are not out of the racebto the Premier yet. If they got their Mawson would be sold or loaned out again.

• Mawson signed a one year contract extension with Brentford last summer - so there are a number of possibilities as to where he could be next season.

• As far as a replacement is concerned how about Rowe?

• Good shout but too many ifs and buts at this stage.

• Ok I was speaking with Danny Rowe about this very thing on a train a few months back. His contract at Rotherham is up at the end of the season. he doesn't like Steve Evans one bit. I think from what else he told me if we went up and the offer was OK he would consider signing for us. But Like Mawson he is very talented and wouldn't be surprised if other clubs have an eye on him with bigger pockets than us.

• Weve got big pockets Mr M3G, but you would have to have arms as long as Derek Randall before you found anything in them !!

• If we go up, I wouldn't be surprised more than 1 or 2 get a few offers. It's the nature of the beast. I bet you, half a dozen scouts have been monitoring our performances for basement bargains, considering our side were put together with a purse string.