Skip to content

The DevC Ad Infinitum Debate

Just a suggestion guys but as every thread sooner or later turns into the same Dev thinks this / Dev is an idiot for thinking this rerun arguments how about you put it all in the one thread.

Not taking sides here (and not having a go at you personally DevC as I do respect your viewpoint) just get s little frustrated when you get half way down a thread and you know exactly where it's going to go

Comments

• I suggested a while ago that Dev's posts should be stationed in 1 thread.

It seems perfect to me, those who enjoy Dev can engage with him, and those who don't, can pass on by without making it some strange personal game.

• Seems a bit like segregation to me. Should we start a thread for each of us?

It's the reoccurring topics of ownership, budgets and how great Ainsworth is that need the threads. And of course some moderation to keep things on course.

It would be sad to fence in @DevC . Oh. Who Am I kidding?

• Will Dev use his own thread though?

• I'm sure Dr. Congo could fix it so he could only see the 'Dev' thread

• Every individual poster has their own hobby horses and tics, and I think the Gasroom is richer with DevC as a commenter. I don't know why he generates the ire that he does, and suggesting he limits his comments to one thread seems unfair.

• Tongue in cheek suggestions, surely. Or am I being characteristically naive?

• Maybe a Troll catergory, or 'Oggling alone female commuters' thread might be apt for DevC.

• Just block him,i have and it's made it much more enjoyable on here for myself.

• @ChasHarps You're probably more boring and repetitious than Dev to be fair.

• This is very close to bullying IMHO

• Rather bored of this now. Lets sort this out outside - mano a mano.

(shit am I turning into UKIP now)

See Devxit thread.

• Sorry - as Micra suggested my tongue was in my cheek when I started the thread

• parts of his personal world-view aside, I find reading the first few sentences of a Dev thread or post (even if I do not make it to the end/fully understand what the hell he is on about!) more interesting than some of the other shorter, pithier 'comment' we get on here, so I would not vote for a hard Devxit. It takes all sorts.

• That's a rather liquorice comment @Wendoverman. Agree with him or not, I too prefer Dev's contributions to the crass pithy stuff. (Excuse the lithp.)

• @micra Liquorice? You'll have to enlighten me there matey I'm a bit slow on the uptake.

• "It takes all sorts." I know, pathetic. But there was also the hint of a pun on a vulgar version of flattery (if you get my drift). Think I was trying too hard to be witty.

• aaah. I get you. Sort of. Sadly, I am a man of hidden shallows.