Skip to content

Match commentary

Can't go to the Yeovil match tomorrow, but will be able to listen to the excellent Chairboys player. Always been an admirer of Phil Catchpoles' honesty, good or bad, "says it as he sees it" style. I just wonder if Phil could perhaps "jazz up" his style a bit to sound like this if or when we hit the back of the old onion bag?

http://hoofoot.com/?match=Peru_2_-_2_Argentina_2016_10_07

Comments

• Please, no!

• Although............if Phil could lapse into Portugese at the appropriate moment, that might be quite memorable.

• Other languages are of course available; I just thought Portugese might be freshest in Phil's mind.

• Está lá appears to be the Portuguese for it's there

• I'm hoping to hear 'The big man effortlessly chests it down, swivels and scores' again in whichever language Phil decides on.

• 'Twould be marvellous.

• I'm a big fan of the Latin American commentaries, however to my shame, my Spanish is very limited and Portuguese is incredibly difficult.

The true master of the genre has to be our Icelandic friend though...
    I've said to Marcus Bean that when he breaks his duck for WW, I might have a go at replicating this. I just don't think I have the range though.

Thanks for your kind words @EwanHoosaami, much appreciated.

• I hardly ever get to games @bluntphil and his teams' commentaries are a godsend and worth every penny.