Skip to content

Hope it's our lowest ever crowd tonight

that's what this competition deserves

Comments

• I just hope and pray there's no crowd trouble.

I know there probably will be with West Ham, but lets all cross our fingers.

• Crowd trouble? You must be joking.

West Ham care even less about this competition that our fans do. 98 Hammers fans made the trip to Coventry for the last game.

I'd imagine 50% of the West Ham fans will be those who live in the Wycombe area, and the other half a bunch of die hard anorak types ticking off each ground they go to.

• I just hope and pray you're right. I fear the worst.

• Well after a minority's disgraceful antics against Swansea last weekend, I think the police presence will be over the top tonight. ~50 fans shouldn't be too hard to contain.

• It will only be West Ham fans fighting each other. Hopefully the police/stewards will let them get on with it!

• But I hope there's no knives involved this time

• To be fair, I'd rather go to every game in it home and away than ever set foot inside a ground where they were playing

• West Ham might actually bring a few tonight given it's likely to be the only game they're likely to win for a while.

• Unlikely now, over 750 sold.

• Hope they all get bored out of their skulls.

• over 750! A lot higher than i'd feared. I thought i'd be one of about 125 rattling around.
    Am looking forward to a game without the "Mob" there for once, but i suppose the continual moans at the cup/format etc will take over.

Clubs would have to vote U21/B teams into the league, so it'd be insane for them to do so and threaten their own place surely

• Why would 750 people buy a ticket in advance for this? Something fishy?

• @mooneyman said:
    Hope they all get bored out of their skulls.

Thanks @Moomeyman. I don't expect to be bored. I expect a game relatively free from the uglier aspects of league 2 football and, like Malone, I've been looking forward to seeing how young, inexperienced defenders deal with the Beast. I'll also enjoy a pint with fellow Woodlanders.

Should be good. I can't get too wound up about the possibility of Premier League clubs trying to worm their way into an expanded lower league structure. As Malone says, lower league clubs are unlikely to agree to something that could increase the threat to their league status.

• Is the woodlands stand open? I assumed it would just be the main stand tonight

• Reminds me a bit of when Steve Hayes questioned if some of us were football fans after expressing satisfaction that the England World Cup bid had failed.

• He's entitled to an opinion

• I'm not boycotting just not going for sound business reasons...I can't afford to.

• What's wrong with the "them and us" comment out of interest? @StrongestTeam

Any Hammers actually coming from London may be seriously put off by the fact there is no trains out of Marylebone.

• I agree but he's a businessman at the end of the day. More fans = more money in the kitty.

• I couldn't give a toss about the result i just don't want any more injuries.

• edited October 2016

I'd expect nothing less from Andrew Howard. It's just business to him.

But if it was just business to me, I'd have stopped coming to any Wycombe matches about 13 years ago, rather than still holding a season ticket. I hope he's grateful that I'm more interested than he is in 'the purist nature of football, the history and all that kind of stuff' as it's kept me as a paying customer of WWFC - not least during the last 9 months of utter shit served up under his tenure.

The man is a complete and utter cock.

• You might be getting a ban from the cock arnos!

• @eric_plant said:
    Is the woodlands stand open? I assumed it would just be the main stand tonight

Woodlands Lounge and boxes and seats outside. Cracking football and good goal from Akinfenwa.

• Lets hope he finds out who you are and bans you from the ground for the above comment, he has stabilised our club and done a fantastic job with GA to get this club back on track.

• @micra said:
    As Malone says, lower league clubs are unlikely to agree to something that could increase the threat to their league status.

Like, for instance, the "Elite Player Performance Plan"?

• Quite incredible for him to feed that line to a local rag, making out that supporters who are against B teams are boycotting WWFC, and incredible that the rag haven't even attempted to balance the article with the views from supporters who are not attending out of principle.

His background is in motor racing, where maximising commercial avenues takes far higher precedence than looking after the traditions and well-being of the sport. I don't hold that against him, though what I don't understand is what he hopes to achieve by putting out such a ridiculous caricature of the principled position that many supporters hold with regards to allowing a foothold for reserve teams in the Football League. If there is a 'us and them' attitude at the club, it's not going to resolve with that intervention in the press.

• The point he's missing is that without the illogical and ridiculous connections that people have to their clubs, most would have to be a damn site more successful and entertaining to retain any support.

You can't appeal to people's irrational emotions on one hand (appeals to effectively throw money away in a share scheme, or chuck some more cash the pot to purchase a random player who could be utterly shite or another Dean Morgan) and then disparage the same emotions with the other.

Unless you're a very cynical individual of course.

• God help anyone who becomes Chairman of this football club and expresses a point of view on any subject concerning WWFC. Cue torrent of abuse from the trolls on here even though you are doing a pretty good job of keeping the club afloat.