Skip to content

The Opposition View - Exeter

Comments

• Great to see the bedwetting culture is a national phenomenon. Another team getting relegated in October I see.

• At least they are taking responsibility for it rather than blaming it on us for cheating, time-wasting, anti-football and all the other stuff we have been accused of over the years.

Must say though, that Akinfenwa standing over the ball in the corner while opposition players bounce off him is a good way of running down the last few seconds :-)

• I'm not surprised Exeter fans are concerned. They were awful

• We are very poor overall, but fortunately there are three or four teams that are worse than us. At least we now have the Beast to change the course of any game.

• Nine teams worse than us according to the league standings.

• edited October 2016

Exeter, Mr plant, are a fan owned club and as a result have a playing budget at the very bottom end of the league.

This season they have suffered a very bad run of injuries, which they don't really have the squad depth to cope with. As a result their results have been disappointing this season.

They have a long serving manager who has achieved remarkable things over an extended period for the club. You would have thought that would have earned him some understanding when times were hard from even their most numptyist fans. But no, straight to inane abuse.

• edited October 2016

Seeing as you always correct and/or adversely comment on my posts Chris, might I correct you this once. Yes there are nine teams below us today, however two have a game in hand which if they won would put us 17th!

• I'm sorry you think that, I'm not intentionally picking on you at all.

If you give them their average points per game so far for their games in hand they are still below us (which seems a better estimate than assuming they win).

• @DevC inane abuse? What are you talking about? I just said they're right to be worried.

• @mooneyman Personally I think we've improved from 'very poor overall' to 'poor overall'. Our defence is looking well-balanced now JJ has returned and I like the current shape of the rest of the team. There were some really positive signs yesterday (in amongst the dross) so I think we are moving in the right direction

• "Nine teams worse than us according to the league standings" says @Chris

I applaud the positivity but don't think he goes far enough. The league table shows that we have lost away to the teams which are third, fourth, fifth and sixth.
    I saw the games at Crawley and Carlisle and think it far from unreasonable that both those results will be reversed at Adams Park. Although for 75 minutes we were under the cosh at Luton, for 15 minutes we completely outplayed them and a draw there was on the cards during the whole of that 15 minute period.

I think there is much to look forward to in the rest of the season and as players continue to return, it is not just below us that we will need to look.

Apologies if I mis-used the quote system.

• First half I thought we looked a bit disorganised...second half we did everything but score...and then did score. Certainly an improvement and nine points from last three home games not to be sniffed at.