Skip to content

Match day thread: Stevenage

Comments

• Ffs Wood starts again,only good news is PCH is a sub today.

• Is that the Rubicon I see in the distance?

COME ON WYCOMBE!

• Is this the earliest Saturday match day thread posted yet?

• Goal from Southwell. H/T 1-0.

• I think it might be @bill_stickers I had a very late shift yesterday!

• Deserved that goal. Missed a couple of sitters but he's always there. Gape looked decent until his booking and Harriman seems a bit livlier too.

• Most interesting bit so far was watching Howard storm into the terrace and take a couple of the usuals out for a chat!

• M3GM3G
    edited September 2016

Thing is Its a free country and they can say what they want, without the swearing of course, I don't condone it but you cant force people to smile and clap and be happy with the fare being offered.

Glad Southwell is off the mark though.

• Actually it's not a free country, it's WWFC's private stadium not a public street. I'm not condoning Howard's actions but he is allowed to remove them for it.

• PCH shows us with his first touch, run and shot exactly what we've been missing. Been a decent half.

• Was it some of our One Direction "firm" that got removed? If so, I heartily endorse Howard's action.

• Did Howard actually kick them out of the ground?

• I see that the BBC think Graham Horwood refereed our game. Unless I am much mistaken it was the redoubtable Brendan "Bugsy" Malone.

• rather quiet on here considering we won

• No.the main guy, the guy innabdusrin

• Apologies for that, phone wont edit!

Howard didn't kick the main guy out, but they must have spent about 20mins debating something .

intriguing.

the football?instantly forgettable game, essential win.great to see Paris back

• The guy inadustbin

• @crabbie said:
    rather quiet on here considering we won

Because the gasroom has more negative posters than positives ones. Not a great game but 3 points most welcome. Usual band of idiots having a go at woods they should put their efforts into supporting the players. I for one am pleased they've been banned we don't need these numptys. Well done to the terrace for chanting woods name at the end.

• Not the best game but a decent 3 points. Ease the pressure on GA and hopefully gather some momentum into next few games.

Stevenage were woeful as was the referee.

what happened in the terrace? Could see a number of stewards in one corner from my seat.

• @fromtheside said:
    Not the best game but a decent 3 points. Ease the pressure on GA and hopefully gather some momentum into next few games.

Stevenage were woeful as was the referee.

what happened in the terrace? Could see a number of stewards in one corner from my seat

Looked like AH ejected a few so called fans

• @braywanderer we are now so skint the Chairman is a steward!

• Reading the fb group, the kid in the thick of it, with initials cl, sent Howard a strange tweet of "you wait", Howard stormed down there, and they spent 20mins waving arms around forgetting to watch the game

• Having two wide men and a ball player in Gape in central midfield really helped. First half we were a bit too direct and never really got going. For half an he in the second half I thought between Hayes, Southwell and Thomo in particular we looked quite good a made some decent opening. Southwell touches and industry are good but he hasn't been instinctive enough in the box. He could have done better with some chances today but hopefully getting that first goal will allow him to relax a bit more in front of goal.

We were not brilliant today but it was an improvement. Stewart and Pierre should take a lot of credit for keeping a clean sheet. In the first half Stevenage were winning most second balls and we struggled to get out but Blackman did not have an awful lot to do.

Also, is it just me or have the refereeing standards been especially poor so far this season? Some astonishing decision today I thought and the officials did very little to get a grip on our time wasting in the final 15 mins.

• @fromtheside said:
    braywanderer we are now so skint the Chairman is a steward!

He is promoting a job share scheme

• Fans forum organised for October with GA and AH on the panel.

• @fromtheside , will be interesting if the moan gang a) turn up and b) are quite so lippy when it's not just shouting abuse from a crowd

• I know it's not much of a boast but that's the best game I've seen down there in some time.

Attempts to play football from the off, even if confidence sometimes wavered. Back 4 and keeper in good form (Pierre's Maradonna-seque pirouette a particular highlight). Gape reminded me of Scowen at times - very good, brisk distribution. Southwell on the end of a lot of stuff and looking confident after his goal.

Just great to get a win and hear a bit of atmosphere in the ground. I notice the gasroom eyores @trevor @Wwfc2015_ and @brittanywanderer are conspicuously absent, which makes a nice change.

• @Malone I would think some might turn up but won't be half as vocal.

I thought Wood did ok today so not sure why the abuse was aimed at him.

• @arnos_grove moi! what have I done to deserve that.

• Not great, but better.

Striking what 4-4-2 and a bit of width can do. Thompson and Wood looked a lot happier out wide. One of the latter's better games.

And immense from Pierre. P.S: Hope PCH stays fit.