Skip to content

Wycombe chants.

I guy at work has just started taking his young son to Wycombe games and he asked me today if I knew the main chants. I must admit to being rusty, and wondered if anyone had a link to them?

Mainly he wants to know the one that starts.

"when I was young"

Comments

• Im probably the wrong person to answer as i sit in the Frank Adams but I think you mean "since I was young " theres a few more on this youtube of the Oxford game I wouldnt let your son watch it though as the language is a bit strong.

• Even listening to this I can't make out a word apart from "Wycombe". Most choirs are short of men so give it a go and get some voice training. Diction should then improve no end.

• "When I was young
    I followed the
    Wycombe F C
    The team for me

La La La Laa etc".

• I thought it was "I followed thee" but there you go.

• Thought it was Since I was young...

• Since... indeed it is.

• Best to stand in terrace or take in an away match..soon pick up the songs..

• Come to any one of the upcoming away fixtures (luton, dagenham and wimbledon all vey easily reached) and you will soon pick them up.

• Au contraire Aylesburyblue the place to be is the Frank Adams Upper, particularly under the lights tomorrow.

• Tell your mate at work that the Wanderers have a song unique to the club that only those over 50 seem to know the words to (it has more than 3 words that are not repeated ad nausiam so is beyond most 'lads' behind the goal). It is called 'we are the old bucks boys' see the banner high up in Woodlands stand