Skip to content

The 500 Club

Comments

• It's commendable signing up @robin. I'm not sure who would slate individuals who choose to.

• Well done @robin I am in 2 minds to do the same. I really don't want to but feel I almost have to! Oh the joys of supporting your local team.

By the way the post on just being sold or wound up, ridiculous! I think we will end up being sold but hardly a queue of potential buyers right now.

• Do you know what, I am quietly confident we could easily find a Chinese buyer for the club if we were to employ the services of an agent who knew how to access the Chinese financial market. From what I understand - from talking to those rather more informed than the man on the Clapham omnibus - get in front of the right people and it's like pushing against an open door.

• Might we have to play in Red if sold to Chinese buyers.

• @robin, If you joined the 500 Club, I doubt you got a tax rebate. Surely you invested funds into the Share scheme run by the Trust. The 500 Club is a WWFC scheme, and is a straight donation.
    On the otherhand are you just saying that you have received a tax refund and used that to donate to the 500 Club.?

• Subject to personal circumstances, individual members of the Share Scheme are able to claim tax relief of up to 30% on their investments. The 500 Club, to the best of my knowledge, would not offer such an incentive.

• ...maybe I was too harsh yesterday, I actually have all faith in their overall financial knowledge and business acumen. Great opportunity.

• @wformation - @robin said he received a tax rebate that was unexpected which he chose to donate, nothing about getting a tax rebate from the donation.....

• Correct.

• @robin I doff my cap to you. I'm going to chase HMRC now as I was hoping for a couple of bob. Let's have some love for all 500 club members.

• 10k raised in first 24hours is quite impressive.....wonder if it will turn into the 1000club?

• I'm up for this more and more.

If the target isn't met I hope that the club still buy a player for £38k or whatever, just buy the top goalscorer from the Northern Counties East league and bring him down here - 253 club members will be supportive of him whoever he is or whatever he does.

I'd also like to see the 500 club money go towards a man in a top hat on stilts who walks round the pitch with a cane and taps on the dugout when its time for our man to be brought on.

• Whoever we get should definitely have to work the bar, wait on tables, clear up after the 500 club end of season shindig.

He's essentially our employee

• I'd wish I'd seen @peterparrotface's comment about the bloke on stilts before talking about the 500 Club on BBC3CR Breakfast this morning...

https://audioboom.com/boos/5051196-bbc3cr-andy-collins-interview-with-phil-catchpole-discussing-the-500-club

My voice sounds quite deep at this early hour...

• @eric_plant imagine if any fans criticise our man - they will be taken away by 500 club members and presumably tortured.

Can't wait for the scenes when he scores his first goal! Tears everywhere

• I salute those who can put in. Response seems to have been positive.

• Big time. Looking forward to being involved in contract negotiations and monthly performance reviews, as promised in the terms and conditions

• ..and a share of any future transfer and/or sell on fee. Could be quite lucrative when he's sold on to Real Madrid from Man Utd.

• But we will never know as the transfer fee will be undisclosed at the insistence of the Trust!

• I'd love to see us organise a protest outside Liverpool's ground if this drags on. We could turn up in rags and holding a giant begging bowl.

The scousers love a bit of rabble rousing so they might even be supportive.

• @Stewie63 I will taking a hell of a lot of the credit for his future career at Real Madrid...

"been like a father to him",

"give him that belief that he needed"

"£150 might not seem a lot but I basically kept the boy off the junk."

• They had to pay off Balotelli, so there's no more money left in the pot for little old Wycombe.

• I applude every body who joins I will be one of the 500 but I want a say in who we sign

• I cannot contribute to the 500 Club...but look forward to complaining about you lot losing the dressing room and making poor signings. I may never pay to watch this rubbish again...

• Gone Gold...now to learn the secret handshake, so us members can identify each other.... :)

• @Stewie63 said:
    ..and a share of any future transfer and/or sell on fee. Could be quite lucrative when he's sold on to Real Madrid from Man Utd.

Now that I would pay for. I wonder if it conceivable that supporters could fund a scheme like that and take a share of fees if the player is sold? I suppose if it were, some sort of private equity company would be funding youth development programmes at lower league teams designed to turn a profit by flogging to best prospects.

• That would be third party ownership, and is most definitely not allowed.

• Might be enough to pay the club's fines for its worsening abysmal disciplinary record

• Might also be enough to pay for all the MRI scans on the current crop of walking wounded?

• £12,260 raised by 73 fans within 48 hours. An excellent start. The Trust table will be manned by fans council members on Saturday, we will have a laptop for any more wishing to sign up. Trust members update went out today.