Skip to content

Madness

I think I recall GA saying we didn't have much money. I may be wrong. So what sense is there in signing Max Muller who won't be available until the New Year?

Comments

• That's going to leave us Muller lite...

• "Wycombe Wanderers is all about digging deep, giving everything, working together and picking each other up every time we get knocked down. If everyone can share that philosophy then the results, enjoyment and success will come.”

Blah blah blah blah blah....

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    "Wycombe Wanderers is all about digging deep, giving everything, working together and picking each other up every time we get knocked down. If everyone can share that philosophy then the results, enjoyment and success will come.”

Agreed. Worrying that the manager is not doing the rallying call. Howard is now comming across as deluded and arrogant , just got this feeling that employees are too scarred to stand up to him, Gaz included, now is the time for some honesty about our situation, oh and to get some loan players in

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    "Wycombe Wanderers is all about digging deep, giving everything, working together and picking each other up every time we get knocked down. If everyone can share that philosophy then the results, enjoyment and success will come.”

Corporate Bullshit.

• Isnt that about right?

As is
    "The fundamental structure of the squad has been decimated by injuries which is now having a catastrophic effect, and it means the team haven’t been able to reach their full potential with such a wealth of talent currently missing from the squad, particularly in terms of the pace and width in attack.

“Their absences are in turn putting extra demand on those lads in the team and resulting in more injuries along the way. Every member of that dressing room is determined and desperate to run through brick walls for each other, and many are playing through the pain, but there’s only so much the body can take and sometimes you need to stop and allow yourself to recover.

“They are all contributing everything they can, and if that means that the manager has to pull his boots on again for the cause then that epitomises the spirit we have here.

“What we do need is patience and understanding from the supporters."

Especially the last sentence.

Bad news that Jacobson is out for three months though and both wingers for a month.
    Wonder if there is any money available for a loan or two.

• We better bring in some loanees or we could be literally unable to put a team together given a few more injuries and suspensions.

• " just got this feeling that employees are too scarred to stand up to him " you don't know how close you are with that comment...

• DecC 'the voice of reason' get a grip, you watch the team so little I have to forgive your ill informed opinion . This team is going the same way as 13/14, now I know Torquay was your highlight but I for one want this sorted now not on the last day of the season .

• @Will_i_ams bringing in Al Capone on loan?

• this is a joke, before the Colchester game GA said that Weston, PCA and ONien could feature and today we are told that the wingers are out for a further month......lost all confidence is what GA says...its going to be a long long season.

• Ah well. Roll on 2017/2018.

• @Jonny_King said:
    Ah well. Roll on 2017/2018.

Playing Maidenhead in the Conference?

• In a matter of days the transfer window closes till January, apart from emergency keepers and players from non-league, we play with what we got.

• Actually I can only praise the club for today's statement. Having called for them to explicitly say when players are due to return in one of my posts over the weekend, that's exactly what they've done today. It's gratifying that at least the media team can listen to constructive criticism and respond accordingly. Thank you.

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    this is a joke, before the Colchester game GA said that Weston, PCA and ONien could feature and today we are told that the wingers are out for a further month......lost all confidence is what GA says...its going to be a long long season.

• @Stewie63 said:
    Could be the medical team or the players themselves telling GA that they should be fit for the next game.

• edited August 2016

My guess is that it's a tactical decision. Previously management felt the advantages of keeping the opposition guessing outweighed the disadvantages of not communicating the truth about injuries with supporters - but under current circumstances they feel this is no longer true.