Skip to content

Comments

• Am I alone in thinking this was a truly dreadful performance despite GA's 'positives' ? There seemed to be no game plan and at times the players were lethargic as though it is the end of the season. To me it was a jumbled mess with no leadership -at least Hayes provides that. This woeful advert for second division football will not encourage newcomers and even the most avid supporter will be tempted to stay away if the team continues in this vein

• definitely agree that Bloomfield is no captain. Pierre would make a better captain if Hayes is not on the pitch - although if there's still some doubts around how long he'll be staying at the club I guess that would discourage GA from awarding Pierre the (vice) captaincy.

• The team needs leaders and misses Hayes badly. I didn't see anyone dragging the rest of the team out of the bad start to the second half. Last night and all to often recently we start a downward spiral and don't have the ideas to get out of it and turn it around.

Ainsworth will tell us all the finances and injuries are tying his hands but the subs he made last night only really made the team shape worse and certainly didn't provide a spark.

• It's got to be a confidence issue. I don't think GA would have signed the players he did in the summer if he planned on playing this way, at least this early in the season.

• Akinfenwe looks a fantastic signing to me...some great touchs...but have to agree we have a decent left winger and a good right winger playing inside or too far back. I cannot see the point of signing wide men who like to run at players and then not letting them. You can see it frightens L2 defences...because it frightens OURS!

• @floyd what sort of style do you think Akinfenwa is best suited to?

What did the offer of new contracts to Bloomfield and Wood tell us about how we would play this season?

I'm usually optimistic about how we'll do but I look back on this calendar year, and see how we've played, and I worry

A lot

• @eric_plant to be honest I assumed we just signed Akinfenwa for the Twitter engagement figures, but I've been pleasantly surprised with what i've heard so far.

I remember Wood having some decent games playing wide, but I was surprised we re-signed both he and Bloomfield.