Skip to content

Match day thread: Accrington Stanley

Comments

• Happy with the starting 11, bench looks a bit poor. Cannot see a player that can make an impact. Still fingers and every thing else crossed. COYC

• Live commentary will be on BBC3CR DAB and Chairboys Player. This evening I'll be joined by Scotty

• BEEEEEEEAST!!!

• When is Cowan Hall going to play for us again?

• 2nd half truly poor. What do they do in training? It beggars belief that they are "full time professional players". What was the plan and tactics? aggghhhh. Oh well on to the next game. COYC.

• We were the better side in the first half, they were in the second. 1-1 is a fair result IMO.

I thought Freeman looked ok when he came on, certainly wants to get at players.

Bring on Saturday!!

• JJ was subbed as he was getting relentlessly skinned alive by Donacien - I think I missed the latter's loan spell with us but don't recall hearing of him doing marauding runs upfield in the match reports, he caused us a lot of bother.

We looked clueless in the second half, no coherence at all and no one prepared to take anyone on in the final third.

Accy looked a useful side and I think a draw's not such a bad result, thank god for the uber-soft early goal though, the opposition were the better team.

• Terrible game, terrible performance. It beggars believe what they do in training. There seems to be zero game plan except hit the ball forward as early as possible and hope for the best. I don't go very often due to other commitments, and not looking forward to the 2 hour journey home now. Very dull and boring.

The fact it took me 15 mins to get into the ground as they had run out of tickets at the turnstile, so I was sent to two different locations, before having to hand over a biography of myself to access a ticket, also didn't help (must be because of the thousands of fans there!)

Any spare time I have now I'll go back to watching non league football, which is better quality and more entertaining than that dross served up.

Fully expect absue and a 'Chalton' esq letter from the club. But that's my opinion

• GA appeared to decide that Janoi would make a much better centre back, rather than playing him on the right as has been the case at Tranmere, Newport and Accrington. He was pretty bad iirc.

• He's looked ok in both games since though, playing on the right against Newport away and tonight.

At CB for us he literally looked like a youth team player thrown into the starting lineup against a premier league title winning team.

• @SEWanderer said:
    Terrible game, terrible performance. It beggars believe what they do in training. There seems to be zero game plan except hit the ball forward as early as possible and hope for the best. I don't go very often due to other commitments, and not looking forward to the 2 hour journey home now. Very dull and boring.

The fact it took me 15 mins to get into the ground as they had run out of tickets at the turnstile, so I was sent to two different locations, before having to hand over a biography of myself to access a ticket, also didn't help (must be because of the thousands of fans there!)

Any spare time I have now I'll go back to watching non league football, which is better quality and more entertaining than that dross served up.

Fully expect absue and a 'Chalton' esq letter from the club. But that's my opinion

Completely agree on the ticketing. An enormous queue when we arrived. Why the fuck they can't just let people pay cash on the gate is truly beyond me. I brought a friend this evening (albeit he comes regularly anyway) and I wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to come again. The football is mostly shite, we missed the goal stood in a queue and then you have to give more information to buy a ticket than you do to get a mortgage. Ridiculous.

• Can't find anything bad to say about Dayle because he had no chances to sniff at tonight, but moved the ball well when he could, with some clever passes - but you can't blame a poacher for not scoring chances that don't exist.

The formation really hampered us today, too easily they had 2 on 1 runs down the wing almost every time they got forward.

Also, Bloomfield simply can't trade off the fact he runs a lot any more. It's a testament to how poor our side currently is that he's starting games in an attacking midfield position.

• Janoi 'playing' at full back was the worst performance I have seen in a Wycombe shirt and I was one of those who saw Carlos Lopez 'play'!

• So in three league matches so far we've come across two players who Ainsworth signed last season, tried to force to play a different kind of game to that which they were good at, gave up on them and released them early, and both have come up against us and skinned us alive. Donacien and Banton, good on you both. Finger's crossed the gaffer has learned his lesson this year.

• @aloysius what you say proves wycombe has a problem that need's sorting out fast.

• @aloysius ; bang on the buck. Those purged, compared to a few we signed, because they know the culture of the club (Thommo, Hayes and Blooms). What did we expect?

• Donacien was signed on loan at short notice specifically to cover a hole at centre back wasn't he?

• Accy faster to every ball tonight. I didn't think it was a case of us playing badly, just a case of them playing better. JJ had a socker, thought he should have been replaced at half time.

• Shocker perhaps?

• Annoying thing is when we get the ball down and play football (albeit for only small patches) we actually look like a half decent side.

Desperate for Southwell to get a goal and reward his effort. Unfortunately the style of play not really suiting him as pointed out above.

• Thought we did ok tonight especially 1st half, our problem is that we are not creating any chances of note in matches ....we need Weston and PCH to get fit ! Bloomers IMO should not be starting....need to get Rowe in the middle.

• We desperately need O'Nien and Cowan-Hall back ASAP.

I hope JJ isn't going to deteriorate like Wood has in the last couple of years. I think tonight was the worst performance by a full back in Wycombe colours for quite a while. I thought Sido and the rest of the defence played ok.

• An off day for JJ I suspect. He was also up against a very good winger and had little help from anyone in front of him.

No excuse though, he will know he needs to improve for Saturday.

• PBoPBo
    edited August 2016

Oh, and who the fvck booed at full-time? Yes the second half was disappointing, but get a grip - we were up against a decent side who should do well this season.

• People are booing as they pay good money to watch tripe. I'd at least expect to see some form of game plan and structure to what we do, but there is nothing.

They are either:
    A) being told not to play football on the floor
    B) can't play football on the floor
    C) Have been Wycombised so now have no confidence to express themselves on the pitch and therefore can't make more than 1 pass in the oppositions half.

You could tell the GK hadn't trained with the team, GA won't let him roll the ball out to the FB or CB quickly for much longer.

For the record I won't boo, instead I won't return for a while.

• Good any chance of you not posting as well

• One point of optimism is at least GA made the substitutions earlier than he used to even if they didn't really work

• GA said in his post match interview that he was pleased with the way we played on the first half, but was disappointed with our performance in the second, suggesting that we started to panic a bit. This demonstrates to me that GA wants them to play football, and is not instructing the players to play hoofball.

When is PCH going to play for us again?

• Think everybody is being very negative! Yes we didn't finish the game well but I think the first half an hour was some of the best football I've seen from Wycombe in years. I think 4 games in 10 days may well have had something to do with why we flagged so badly in the second half.
    Their right winger will torment most left backs in this league this season, looked a very good player. Accrington will definitely be pushing for promotion again and it might prove to be a decent point.