Skip to content

Injury crisis

124»

Comments

• Bala Town FC.

• Because he'll be training with a first team, on the team sheet week in, week out, will likely get an opportunity to play in JPT matches, might enjoy the experience of living away from home for a bit (are we still doing the young adults' home?) will always be an injury or a suspension away from the first team, will experience different coaching techniques, will be making an obvious next step up in his career, will be impressing his Wednesday bosses with his professionalism and maturity, he might - might - even net himself a small payrise when he's here. Spending a few months on our bench rather than in the Villa youth team doesn't seem to have done Seigrist's career any harm. And if Ainsworth decided he needed two keepers plus Baz then, I don't see what fundamentally has changed now.

• Well we will see. siegrist of course was at the end of a season looking for a new club, so he is slightly different, but it may be that young Cameron enjoyed his experience of living away from home and travelling with the first team squad two seasons ago at Plymouth so much that he wishes to forego better facilities, better training, regular football, his mates and regular social life for the undoubted pleasures of the Chair Museum, some generic town centre pubs and the delights of long coach journeys to the other end of the country with no prospect at the end of them of playing a game and all for the undimmed allure of playing three JPT matches in front of a handful of people for a fourth division club. He may feel that WWFC are a better option than a more local possibly non league club where he could play every week and play midweek for SW reserves as is now allowed. Time will tell , it may indeed happen. Personally I doubt it.

• He might fancy being 30 mins away from London, going clubbing every night on a decent wage, letting the ladies take selfies with a professional footballer, safe in the knowledge that however hungover he is, he is unlikely to play a game the next day.

Sounds more fun than being stuck in Sheffield.

• Damn I've been rumbled. Pointing out that young Cameron may see better options than five months warming wwfc bench is a clear sign of "hating the club".
    I hear the attractions of HW were almost enough to attract Bale to cover Weston's injury but he wanted to be guaranteed not just the JPT games but the last 20mins of the cup first round and then when he discovered that the disco under the bus station (flares?) had closed, well that deal too was doomed. Bastard.

• Anyone thought that perhaps Scott Brown has been brought in as the 'bench warmer' with a view to getting a Allsop type keeper in on a long term loan once the dust settles around transfer deadline time and the top clubs suddenly realise they have more GKs (and other players) on their books that they actually know what to do with!?

• Bloody hope so...

• You don't see a slight flaw in your theory? Our playing budget? The expense of an experienced player sitting on the bench? That sort of thing?

• it depends on any deal with the loaning club. They may be happy for their young 4th choice GK to be getting regular and competitive action so the effect on the budget may be negligible. But I think it is unlikely anyway - just possible