Skip to content

Crawley roll call

Can't wait personally.

Having only been there once previously can anybody recommend a decent pub pre match? Thanks in advance

Comments

• What's everybody's predicted line up then, I'm going with 4-3-3
    GK Brown
    RB Sido
    CB Stewart
    CB Pierre
    LB JJ
    CM Bean ( Rowe if fit)
    CM O'nien
    CM McGinn
    RW Thompson
    ST Southwell
    LW Weston

Bench PCH Harriman Wood Bayo Blooms De Havilland and Freeman

• I doubt very much if Aaron Pierre will be risked. He hasn't even trained (as far as I know) since the Brentford game.
    Danny Rowe should be OK after dental repairs following the blow to the head at Marlow.
    I must stress that these are purely my own thoughts based on press reports (sometimes reading between the lines), hearsay and observation.

• Seems to be a bit of an injury crisis already with maybe five players out (Pierre, PCH, Rowe, Hayes, Muller), four of whom arguably would be in the first team. I think we might see Harriman as right back and Jombati in the centre of defence, ahead of De Havilland.

• The White Hart' on the High Street was decent last season. Traditional pub with real ales. The Moon near the ground is where most fans were drinking, you pass it if walking from town and was fine. Also went in the pub next to the station (The Railway?) if you want somewhere a with a bit of 'edge.'

• Is Paris injured already?

• The club needs to order a large supply of cotton wool!

• Hopefully, unlike the last few months of last season, where an unfit Hayes and an injured Paris seemingly completely killed any semblance of attack, we have a lot of options this year.

Hopefully the extra options allow players to fully recover, rather than be patched up and rushed.

• @micra said:
    I doubt very much if Aaron Pierre will be risked. He hasn't even trained (as far as I know) since the Brentford game.
    Danny Rowe should be OK after dental repairs following the blow to the head at Marlow.
    I must stress that these are purely my own thoughts based on press reports (sometimes reading between the lines), hearsay and observation.

What was Rowe doing in Marlow

• Roweing I guess

• @LX1 said:
    Roweing I guess

Oh, very droll @LX1 !
    Another senior moment, I fear. Marlow/Maidenhead same difference really.

• Wasn't it the QPR game he got injured? Not Brentford. Sort it out Micra

• Word at training on Monday was that PCH will be fit for Saturday. Ditto Rowe.

• Paris said at Maidenhead he would be fit for Crawley so assume he starts. I think he will go for Harriman at RB with Sido CB or sub.

• If the new shirt numbers give an indication than Sido will be our first choice right back although this could also mean nothing.

• The season before last I thought one of our main outlets was sido and Paris down the right.....I think we missed sido a lot last season with his overlapping iv been looking forward to seeing him cement his place again.....

• It is my guess Harriman starts. If we play 4-3-3 he will in at right back behind Paris. If 4-4-2 he will be right midfield with Paris up front.

• Just listened to the Wycombe Radio interview and Gareth thinks that only Hayes is a doubt for Saturday.

• @banterking said:
    Wasn't it the QPR game he got injured? Not Brentford. Sort it out Micra

It's odd that. I was down on the fence midway between the halfway line and the terrace when Petrasso fouled Pierre yet I thought I only stood down at the front for the Brentford game. I sat in the back row of the Beechdean stand for the QPR game but can only think that I stood down the front for the first half. Your comment made me doubt my sanity but you're quite right (so I suppose the doubts linger on - it's what happens when you reach a ripe old age!)