Skip to content

Lunch With The Squad

Great initiative to invite fans to Adams Park on 1 August (next Monday) with the option of a light lunch and the opportunity to chat to players old and new and to get selfies and autographs. It all kicks off (sorry) at 10 am. Full details (including ticket prices) on the Official Website.
One interesting point to those of us who have been speculating on the goalkeeping situation is that the session starts off with a photo shoot. First chance to see who has/have been chosen perhaps (though there may of course be an announcement before Monday).

Comments

• That's a great idea.

• It is. But charging fans to meet the players beforehand is a little bit wrong in my view.

• @Midlander said:
    It is. But charging fans to meet the players beforehand is a little bit wrong in my view.

"A little bit wrong"?? What do you suggest? Let everyone in, free to wander around willy nilly with no club staff to keep an eye on things; grab a sandwich and run? There are costs involved here and, in any case, I imagine there are plenty of fans who will be only too pleased to spend an entertaining few hours and a bite to eat in the company of people of like mind and who welcome a chance to put a few pennies in the coffers. Lunch is optional but probably represents the best chance to meet the players.

• I agree. Nothing wrong with a reasonable charge for a premium service. Kind of cuts out the riff raff and the chancers too. Wonder if they'll get as many going as the Impractical Jokers did?

• Great idea. Other clubs have done this too - absolutely no issue with a modest charge to cover costs and, hopefully, make the club a small return too

• Not sure the numbers will be that great. Had to laugh at restriction to 100 tickets per household!

• Most other clubs do it foc. There shouldn't be any charges involved.

• Very good idea for the club to invite fans in and the small charge will cover costs / insurance etc - well done

• I got the impression from Aldershot's Official Website that they were letting supporters (individually!) sit in with the squad at the official photo shoot, no doubt for a small charge, and I wondered if Wycombe were planning to offer that opportunity tomorrow. It may well be of course that the numbers (fingers crossed that they will be considerable) would make that impractical, particularly with the need to press on with the training session.

• I see that the lunch option tomorrow has been quietly dropped. In my innocence I had thought that this would be a chance to meet some of the players. Hey ho.

• Wouldn't want to battle past the Beast to get to the food!

• You had to book lunch before the deadline on Thursday...looking forward to a traditional footballer's lunch including soup of the day, poached salmon, couscous etc.

• Crikey - they need plenty of notice. I should have read the announcement a bit more carefully. Wonder if I'll be allowed in for a pint?

• What did they have for lunch?

• Soup of the Day, Poached Salmon and couscous perhaps?!

• I don't know I'm asking

• Stony ground. Why do I bother.

• soup of the day was Leek and Potato...very popular with the players but not the guests, particularly the younger fans

• It was salmon or chicken....not both...with a very nice cheesy couscous...mixed veg, sweet potato wedges and salad...I must say it was restaurant quality and the players on our table said it is in line with what they normally have at the training ground. Breakfast can also be taken at 9am apparently.

• Absolutely zero chance of a pint though...it was black currant squash in a jug, later replenished with orange squash.

• In our opinion it was a really enjoyable day. Gareth thanked everyone for coming and the players all seemed genuinely pleased to see everyone, pose for selfies and sign autographs.

• In our opinion it was a really enjoyable day. Gareth thanked everyone for coming and the players all seemed genuinely pleased to see everyone, pose for selfies and sign autographs.

Another reason why we should be so proud of our 'little' club. At times the work they (and GA & the players) do to interact with the fans (especially the younger ones) really does ooze class. I'm gutted I couldn't get out of work to bring my 5-year old - he'd have been in heaven.

• I was very proud to be a Wycombe fan yesterday.

• Good stuff, the club gets a lot of shit at times (sometimes deserved) but by the sound of things they got it right this time, so good on them.

• Compare this to FK Qarabag who got knocked out of the Champions League tonight. The 5p charge has really hit them hard.

• I'd like more threads on what food is being served up around AP. As a terrace peasant, I've always dreamt about what is being dished up in the boxes.

• @LX1 Hats off sir.

• Food news from the executive level.

I can tell you that if any child tries to snaffle a half time biscuit off those blokes in the Woodlands lounge it all turns very ugly.

Almost like the Saudis finding you with a bottle of Baileys.