Skip to content

Dayle Southwell

Huge goal in the big scheme of things. How many promising strikers have we had who just could not get that first goal to relieve the pressure.
One goal, one game at AP. This pro lark is easy

Comments

• So a former non league player scores , good for him well done.

• Southwell upwards and onwards. Good job.

• And what a cracking effort against the post by Trialist (9) - ? Nick Freeman - leading up to Dayle Southwell's goal.

• He will get a lot of goals in and around the 6 yard area promising start

• I really don't like the new home kit but that new white kit looks awesome

• The white kit makes our players seem more imposing. Even the tank-like Pierre looked bigger. Good start for Southwell, hopefully he'll poach many more.

• An Ok home debut. My observations were that he didn't win a single "goofball" header up to him and he often went for it "turtle style". I think he is going to have to toughen up to L2 levels as that is likely to be his main fodder for the season. On a plus point, I thought he found the space well in the box for his goal and it was an accomplished finish. Remaining on the fence with this one, so expecting a few splinters in the derriere for a while.

• Southwell won't win much in the air but looks more like a poacher

• So if Southwell looks threatening in and around the 6 yards box, then why not play a brand of football that helps him hit the net. We have been crying out for a goal scorer, looks like we got one, but hey let's "goofball" it instead.

• We played some nice football last night hoofball wasn't so evident.

• get the wingers chasing up the line...belt it over to the quite enormous guy up top who scatters defenders like ninepins as he nods it down to the poacher to convert. Simples. I'm ready for the England job...

• @Wendoverman Gone I'm afraid, but I can see an assistant post?

• @Wendoverman - absolutely, it really is that simple but can you chew with your mouth open?

• I sometimes stand at Adams Park with my arms folded, looking down at the floor and shaking my head...will that do?

• Not really what we're looking for I'm afraid @Wendoverman but I like your style.
    Poor Dayle Southwell must be wondering at what point in *his• thread we lost the plot!

• Still can't get the bloody italics right!

• Dayle Southwell looks like just the player we need. Hungry and up for it, got a good eye for goal too.

• Back on track. Totally agree.

• I just hope the goons behind the goal (and in the upper reaches of the Frank Adams) give him a chance to adapt to League football rather than get on his back the minute he misses his first 'easy' chance.

• @Fidget said:
    I just hope the goons behind the goal (and in the upper reaches of the Frank Adams) give him a chance to adapt to League football rather than get on his back the minute he misses his first 'easy' chance.

When you say goons behind the goal do you mean the whole of the terrace?

• @braywanderer said:
    When you say goons behind the goal do you mean the whole of the terrace?

No obviously not, that would be a severe over-generalisation.

• @braywanderer How dare you! I will allow him to miss at least three half chances before I start booing his every touch.

• If he has an Edwardian beard and a man bun by the start of the season I will boo him during the warm-up.

• I could accept an Edwardian beard provided it were accompanied at all times by a monocle.

• Indeed @Jonny_King...that would display some style at least.

• Have seen him and Danny in the gym a few times, southwell very very small in stature, slightly muscular but hopefully he can use his agility and size to turn on defenders.

on the other hand rowe has put on a bit of muscle, still not big (im thinking winfield, pierre etc). Will be interesting to see how he is used this season

• I thought Southwell held the ball up superbly again to qpr I was impressed with his all round game tbh

• @bigred87 said:
    I thought Southwell held the ball up superbly against qpr I was impressed with his all round game tbh

So was I and people around me too.

@Insider "very very small" ? Have to defer to, presumably, your close proximity but I remarked recently that I thought there was something of the Beaver (Beavon) about him and Dayle is 4" taller than him. If he can emulate him and link up with Paul Hayes (for example) in similar fashion he'll do very well.

• Coral have suspended betting on Southall at the current time.

• Lets just hope he gets a start and not just the last 5/10 minutes.