Skip to content

Guess which goalkeeper(s) we might sign

I'm going for Brentford third choice keeper Jack Bonham on loan.

Comments

• Pat jennings

• David James

• Pope John Paul the second

• Gordon Banks

• edited July 2016

Matt Ingram on loan.

Isn't he like 3rd choice at QPR and had 3 unimpressive games at the end of last season when they had nothing to play for?

• Think he was MOM in one 1st team game, might have been away v Cardiff?

• If I was QPR I'd want him to go somewhere else to continue his development and face a challenge rather than come back here where he has already succeeded.

• Spoke to a QPR season ticket holder friend of mine and he reckons Ingram is lined up to be number 1 this season. Smithies who was number 1 is going back to Huddersfield.

• Smithies won be going back to Huddersfield. But looking at some recent interviews it does seem Hasselbaink is very happy with Matt as number 2. So, I guess that is off, unless they make an unlikely signing.

I'd like a quality loaner from a Prem squad and a talented youngster on the books for the future.

• Let's throw one out there.... I can see Scott shearer coming back. Personally I thought he was ok! Rathered him than Jamie young running out of his area at every opportunity and generally fucking it up!!!!!

• You can definitely forget those two!

• Ok micra.... So who do you think we will sign for our no1. ??? Recon we might get imgram back on a years loan?? Or we going back for a prem no. 3??? I'd rather have a permenant 1st choice but open to the idea that won't be the case this season...

• Training video from France on Player, who's in goal?

• The lad from Shrewsbury via Southampton perhaps? (I've not seen the training video. Is it on iPlayer?)

• Oh s**t! Just looked back at your post @niebieski. Will take a peek.

• .... And? Any guesses?

• Still think Gordon Banks is the best choice, even with the dodgy eye

• I still don't think we should have released Alex Lynch, I would have loved to have seen him between the sticks this season

• Although clearly promising... Never felt he was quite ready to be our no.1....

• One of them looks like the slim, tanned/dark-skinned lad seen on the training ground video recently. It could have been Harry Lewis but by no means certain.
    Crikey, midnight 30. Bed beckons.

• I reckon we'll sign Darren who turns up late every Sunday hungover or victor Valdes

• Albert Camus? & he has international caps

• Balotelli is available!

• The guy between Blooms and Garry Thompson may be Nick Freeman, a 20 year old midfielder who scored 17 goals for Histon last season, having made his debut for them at the age of 16.

• Freeman sounds quite an interesting player, having come up through the youth system at a smallish non-league club rather than a professional team.

Over the last couple of seasons he's had trials at West Ham, Norwich, Brentford, Colchester and Barnet but hasn't yet been offered anything in the professional game.

Looking at the make-up of the squad there would look to be a gap for a young, goalscoring midfielder who could get an opportunity to make his name. We'll see.

• Freeman looks like a good guess.

• The previously mentioned GK from Southampton, Harry Lewis, looks to be between Weston and Southwell.

Guess the chap who's towering above Pierre is the other trialist GK, and the on next to McGinn and Stewart is the trialist defender? Or could be the other way around of course

• That knocks that on the head then!