Skip to content

Defence

Do we need more defensive cover or are the part time defenders (Harriman/Rowe/Wood) sufficient as cover? I'm imagining we have probably already spent most of our budget on forwards and are still yet to sign a goalkeeper (or two).

Comments

• I think we have enough cover for left and right back, barring an extraordinary injury crisis.

However, loaning another central defender would be good, because I feel our back-up options are not strong enough to play week in week out there.

• We need more cover I'd say.

• Definitely need more cover. There is no issue with people filling in, but the knock on effect is problematic. For example, Jombati is good at centre half but the. Harriman has to drop in at right back and the front line has to shuffle around to find a filler at right midfield.

So the first positional change is fine but it then becomes two or three changes as an indirect consequence.

• Will need a centre back cover at least, and very possibly another first choice if (when?) Pierre goes. Dunne and a loanee?

Am I the only one to expect Harriman to start the first game at right back with Sido on the bench (injuries permitting).

• Let's get in some more central midfielders, could do with adding to the six or so that can play there!

• One more CB as cover to be entierly safe...